• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bob 93.3 Going Down The Hill

Bob 93.3 has really been going down the hill lately. Their audio quality has gotten really bad and it makes you not even want to listen to it. Also their signal has also gotten really bad. Their signal used to be the best signal in ENC and now it has really gotten bad and is hard to pick up. The music they play has gotten really old also. They play to many of the older music that doesn't have any beat to it. They need to follow more after z1075 their former sister station. Z1075 is the best sounding top 40 station in ENC. If Bob 93.3 follows after z1075 with their amazing audio quality and their great selection of top 40 songs and their amazing jingles they would have it made.

Signal seems fine to me. I drove to Cary last week and listened to Ace & TJ much of the way... including in Cary. You get some static once you get around Raleigh, but that's always been the case.

It's a totally different story when you go east of the tower. In Havelock, Morehead City, Beaufort and Atlantic Beach their are many week places. I remember back before they installed new antennes a few years ago that they where much stronger and I remember then you could pick them up clear In Raleigh Durham.

I actually find 93.3 to be one of the better CHR's around. G105 is horrible now, WKZL isn't good either. Kiss 95.1 is lost without Ace & TJ. Channel 961 in Charlotte is probably the best in NC with Bob 933 and 1057 Now in GSO being runners up.

And yes Channel 961 and BOB 933 have the moning show to be successful. But I think they need to work on their music and jingles. Channel 961 does have a good play list and so does z1075. If BOB could just work on their play list and follow after channels and z1075 play list they would sound awesome. Bob 933 needs to work on their audio quality also. The stations that have the best audio quality in my opinion would be 939 kiss fm , z1075 and G105.

Bob does sound a lot like Channel 961 to me...

You are right that 939 Kiss FM has some nice processing. G105's not so much... but that's a personal preference. I don't really see anything wrong with Bob 933's sound quality.

And yes Channel 961 and BOB 933 have the moning show to be successful. But I think they need to work on their music and jingles. Channel 961 does have a good play list and so does z1075. If BOB could just work on their play list and follow after channels and z1075 play list they would sound awesome. Bob 933 needs to work on their audio quality also. The stations that have the best audio quality in my opinion would be 939 kiss fm , z1075 and G105.

I had a conversation with a person at NextMedia not too long ago (a year or so?) and they said that they are making their station sound like z100 in NY.

Speaking of this station, when I try to bring up the stream, I can't get it to work. TuneIn says an unknown stream error occurred, and nothing happens when I go to the website and click listen live from there. What's going on?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom