• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Paul Cavanaugh Question

Hey Guys:

Would anybody know what ever happened to Paul Cavanaugh who was on WRMF and did traffic reports for news 12?

I want to get in contact with him for some info on WGMW 94.3 history. He worked there in 1975.

Thanks
T.J.

t.j. said:
Hey Guys:
EEEECH!!
Please,
Anything else, but not "hey guys:"
My mom used to tell me, "hay is for horses".

cd637299 said:
Hey, c'mon, man......
cd
It's the ghost of my mother still haunting me.
She won't let me be!
Mom, is that you? Have you come back?

ai4i said:
t.j. said:
Hey Guys:
EEEECH!!
Please,
Anything else, but not "hey guys:"
My mom used to tell me, "hay is for horses".

As you correctly demonstrated one is "hey" and the other is "Hay". TJ used the correct one!

As for Paul Cavanaugh I don't know where he is but he came from Buffalo, did mornings at "Studio 107" for awhile before moving to on air at WRMF/WJNO ending up as their traffic reporter. We had him over to the house for dinner but that was a long time ago! If you find him tell him I said hey! :)

Mike Sheridan said:
As you correctly demonstrated one is "hey" and the other is "Hay". TJ used the correct one!
Mom never spelled it out for me.

BTW...
For those of you more into classic rock than classic country, here is a cute one with the same concept but less of a tear jerker.

I had the privilege of working at WJNO/WRMF when Paul was there. I don't know where he is now, either. But for what it's worth, there was nothing phony about him. He would sit down and talk to you as an equal, and had a wonderful sense of humor. He was a wonderful talent, able to ad-lib a traffic report when necessary, and easily meet cues from WJNO to WRMF. even when the switch was mere seconds after.

I once looked him up by his real last name, and if my mind serves me well, he lived in Boca Raton. I left him a phone message but he didn't return it, so I left it at that.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom