• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCHZ/Kansas City

For the last couple of years it seems like Cumulus seemed pretty set on keeping them a straight CHR. I'm visiting the area tonight and normally my radio is stuck on KPRS 103.3 when I'm in the Kansas City area. But stopping at 95.7 tonight, I've heard them play Wale's Bad, Lil Wayne's Love me, etc.. And quite a few of some older Hip Hop songs. But I'm not hearing any Bruno Mars, Kings of Leon(which 95.7 used to LOVE) or any of the main pop stars normally heard on CHR, or 95.7 for that matter. Cumulus needs to make up their mind. 95.7 over the years definitely has a history of confusing Kansas City between Rhythmic and Straight-ahead CHR. Note I've only been listening for a few hours, but something still seems strange here.

Havent listen to them in years. Im surpised they havent hired a new morning jock or syndicated show. When KCHZ was owned by Syncom/Radio2000 it was the same story with the confusing format. However they were live and local even overnights. The problem is the signal. The station does well in Topeka and Western parts of the city but on the Eastside like Blue Springs, Lee's Summit and further the signal has no home reception. KCHZ has tried to compete with its main rivial KMXV. They could never knock down KPRS.

As far as the music goes it does offer more variety on the Rhythmic side but since Maurice DeVoe left for KILF in Dallas and Jan Jefferies is running the show its more CHR driven.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom