• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

As you fire up your grill for Memorial Day...

bucwhyl said:
I consider artists like Lil' Wayne dirty south. I guess it all depends on how you classify it. Heck, I'm 43 years old, so what do I know?....

I see what you mean now... as they are playing sets that sound southern. However, all that they're playing is pretty mainstream stuff that even some top 40 stations play in their mixes. I guess trap music is hot enough to just cross over into even the more pop leaning top 40 stations enough to make mixshow play. KZZP 104.7 Kiss FM here in Phoenix would play everything I've heard Hot 107.9 Dallas play so far in a mix. Even Power 96.1 Atlanta should be mixing some of this stuff regularly, and not just Mami Chula. Q100 I'm sure still uses dirty south/trap in their Saturday mix.

Wildstyle Kdm said:
bucwhyl said:
I consider artists like Lil' Wayne dirty south. I guess it all depends on how you classify it. Heck, I'm 43 years old, so what do I know?....

I see what you mean now... as they are playing sets that sound southern. However, all that they're playing is pretty mainstream stuff that even some top 40 stations play in their mixes. I guess trap music is hot enough to just cross over into even the more pop leaning top 40 stations enough to make mixshow play. KZZP 104.7 Kiss FM here in Phoenix would play everything I've heard Hot 107.9 Dallas play so far in a mix. Even Power 96.1 Atlanta should be mixing some of this stuff regularly, and not just Mami Chula. Q100 I'm sure still uses dirty south/trap in their Saturday mix.

I'm just happy to hear them mixing, as well as 97.9 The Beat. So many times, there's nothing happening on the radio here during the summer holidays. This is much welcomed change for me.

ShawtyBlack_ATL said:
...add Radio One Atlanta Urban AC MAJIC 107.5/97.5 "Memorial Weekend MegaMix" and they jammin live from Frank Ski's!

Would be nice if one of these urban ac's tried that here.....

WAMJ in full bass swing now. Not sure how much I missed while in the shower but got out and heard 4 bass tracks so far so I must not have missed much.

Wildstyle Kdm said:
WAMJ in full bass swing now. Not sure how much I missed while in the shower but got out and heard 4 bass tracks so far so I must not have missed much.
I heard it! They are in beast mode right now! That's what an urban ac should sound like.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom