• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

best id's and liners

O

ok walters

What are the catchiest id's and liners you have heard over the years? We have some decent ones we use here - dry humor at it's best. Here are a few -

Coming to you from the top of a tall tower in a big field.

If you would like a transcript of today's show, just write down everything that you hear.

Bringing you another sixty minutes again this hour.

As for as TOH ID's nothing topped WGTZ Eaton OH:

"WGTZ, Eaton-Dayton Alive!!"

cd

We've upped our standards. So, up yours.

Broadcasting from a really Tall tower, with teeny weenie little red blinking lights on it, we are XXXX.

Democracy is a beautiful thing. Except that part about letting any old local yokel vote.

4 out of 5 (insert city) strippers prefer WXYZ over shaving their (razor fx)..... armpits.

I could go on... and on... and on.

Driving across southern New Mexico, and there was nothing on the radio. Literally, I hit the "seek" button and it didn't stop. Finally it found a country station out of Silver City.

A couple songs later a sweeper played:

"we're not Silver City's best radio station...we're Silver City's only radio station!"

Crank it up...and embarrass the children.

WBCY Charlotte legal ID thirty years ago started with a sung or spoken "W" and the rest of the ID were edits from song with the words "Be", "See" and "Why". "Charlotte" sounded like it might have been from a jingle emulating how "Cincinnati" is said in the "WKRP in Cincinnati" theme.

From the late '60's when WHMC, in the Washington, D.C. 'burbs, was the east coast's only AM "progressive rock" station: "WHMC Gaithersburg, the 500 watt flower pot". I still have a "psychedelic" rate card from those days.

A word of advice from KOMP 92.3 The Rock Station....If your girlfriend asks you to pick which of her friends you'd like to have a threesome with....don't give her two names!

I always liked Y95, Phoenix's ID back in the late 80s:

"Just a small band of desperadoes terrorizing the Southwest....KOY-FM, Phoenix...Y95."

My 790 AM is radio fit for a king - (whistle) Here King, come on boy! WLBE 790 Leesburg Eustis

or

This is what happens when you let sick people play with powerful toys. WLBE 790 Leesburg Eustis

Both in our current rotation.

Two from what I've heard just recently,
105-7 The Jet. Not designed for the kids, but just maybe for the kid that's still inside of you.
Wild 107-7, better than your first kiss, without all that awkward slobber.
Here's one from a couple years ago, I think it's Canton anyway, but haven't heard that aircheck in a while. WKDD says broadcasting from a big metal thing in Canton. It's in the dictionary, go look it up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom