• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ken Cook/WAGA-Glen Burns/WSB

amlover

Leading Participant
Will you guys STOP Dying your hair! Don't you realize how aweful it looks on camera. Act your age!

If you are lucky, you also will live a long and full life. And the day will come in your life when you look in the mirror and you will have to ask yourself: Do I live with it as is... do I get a hair-piece... do I dye what I have.

And depending you what your line of work is, the decision may be made for you or pushed upon you by your industry or your employer... or your ego.

I don't know how old your are, but let's you and I agree to come back here 20 years from now, and 30 years from now and we will have this conversation all over again and see if your answer changes any. ;D

I am not all that concerned about their hair. I just want my weather broadcaster to be someone who gives me information that I can trust. I want to know what I should wear in the morning. I want to know if I can plan on pouring concrete and/or mowing grass come Monday morning. Should I build next week's schedule around being able to pull the Cessna out of the hanger Wednesday and flying VFR to Brunswick and back.

Glen Burns can come to work wearing dreadlocks, or with his head shaved bald if he like. Just don't screw up the integrity of the weather info.

Let's just say I'm old enough to have some grey and don't dye. When you dye your hair it actually brings out the older features in your face. Ken Cooks hair looks ORANGE when he throws the dye in it. I get a big laugh when I see it!

Yes...makes me miss the 'golden' days of weathermen (before women DID it), like good old Guy Sharpe :'(

Guy Sharpe was a class act and Mike Francis it does not matter if he has a shinny top or not, he is one of the worst guys on the air. He sometimes has not idea what he is saying.

Funniest thing I've ever seen on TV was Guy Sharpe doing standup on Noonday when the guest Judy Tenuta (sp?) jumped into his shot and started playing her accordion and calling him a stud muffin.

Guy was already half dead by then and this nearly finished the job. He turned about nine shades of red out of embarrassment. I don't remember if he ever finished that forecast. Nobody cared.

It seems to my memory that they dragged Adam "Batman" West on the show one day and similar hilarity ensued. Guy was a great straight man for that sort of thing.

Francis... can't stand the man. Dunno why exactly. Something just off. And then there's the Wizz-o-meter. What a joke.

amlover said:
Guy Sharpe was a class act and Mike Francis it does not matter if he has a shinny top or not, he is one of the worst guys on the air. He sometimes has not idea what he is saying.

Guy Sharpe and Judy Tenuta

I saw that show. Somehow Guy was able to cough up, "Oh Judy, what you're doing to my weather pointer." Judy was exceptionally and pleasantly surprised with that

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom