Adobe Audition and Windows 8? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

Re: Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

Four months ago I went through hell with those idiots trying to move AA3 from one PC to another because I didn't have the "name used to install it" on the old PC. Three days of dead ends from them. After trying on-line support I called them. The tech support guy said he couldn't help & hung up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by NHRadio
    Think what you wish. AA3 and other older programs are indeed free.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
    Just as a quick update, Adobe took this download page down yesterday. Hope you got a copy of Audition before they dropped it!
    Whit McGhee | http://whitmcghee.com

Yep ;D

Related to Windows 8, I wanted to ask about anyone's experiences with Sound Forge. At work, we still have XP machines and use Audition. But for basic editing at home, I've used Sound Forge and have been happy with it.

I have a new home PC. I've seen reviews on Amazon that report Sound Forge isn't compatible with Win 8. True? While I'm asking, has anyone tried Sony Vegas with Windows 8?

If Sound Forge and/or Vegas are not compatible, bite the bullet and spend a little more on CS6?

Thanks for your tips.

If you like Sound Forge, then you will probably like Wavosaur. It is free and looks very similar to SF .http://www.wavosaur.com/
    For many purposes, it is all you need.

Looking at their web site, Waveosaur doesn't appear to work with Windows 8. Maybe it will though. It might be worth the free download to see. I think this makes a good argument for stockpiling old Windows XP and Windows 7 Computers.

We, the consumers, have had a great ride the last 30 years. The IBM PC and the Apple genre of desk-top boxes became such a big and prolific demand that an entire industry developed... much of it financed and fueled by corporate purchases. Now with iPhones, iPads, Blackberrys, and tablet devices I have lost count of, the marked for traditional computers, including laptops, is something of a shell of it's former self. No longer can young people hope to start a company around one application and build a company that grows into a full line of software through aggressive marketing and pricing. No longer can publishers print magazines full of free code we can all try for ourselves in $60 language compilers.

I worked at one time in computers at one of the Big Box stores and a co-worker over in appliances reminded me one day: "yeah, the day will come for computers also. Every year they come up with stereo systems that are a little bit better that the previous model, but they have reached the point that only our dogs know if they are actually any better or not. And when computers reach maturity, who can tell us if the newer model is any better than the previous one? Our dogs can't listen to the computer and tell us.

I guess we are there. Yes, maybe stockpiling an extra XP or Win 7 is a good idea for those of us who still "make nice every day" with our traditional, bolted to the desk style computers.
    Life is too short to waste time dancing with ugly posts

I think you guys have made some good points. I went ahead and spent the $45 for the Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 download from Amazon. I've only made a couple of basic dry voice recordings to test. The fact that I had no problems with installation and registration made me breathe a sigh of relief. We'll see if there are periodic problems related to registration that I've seen in some reviews. So far so good. And yeah, I plan to nurse the older PCs I have that are loaded with XP.

When I have more time to play with the newly-loaded software, I'll give an update with any problems or work-arounds I encounter. Glad it's only production software and not on-air automation.

Hey, again, a very big thanks to all who've taken time to answer my questions over the last couple of years on a variety of things.

Quote Originally Posted by earshot
    And yeah, I plan to nurse the older PCs I have that are loaded with XP.
    On a side note, it might be worth talking to some folks about upgrading from XP. Microsoft will end security updates for XP in the spring, leaving the OS susceptible to cyberattack: http://www.zdnet.com/gartner-prepare...sk-7000014164/
    Whit McGhee | http://whitmcghee.com

That is a consideration. I do have one PC I use strictly for dubbing vinyl and cassettes to burn CDs. It has no Internet access. But I think it's going to be rare to have a machine not connected to any network.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast