Adobe Audition and Windows 8?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

CONSultant

Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

First, let me thank you all - I get so much good info on audio here without even having to ask! But now, I've gotta ask: anyone know if Adobe Audition 1.5 will run on Windows 8? I love 1.5 - it does everything I need and I don't, repeat, DON'T want to upgrade to the newer, fatter versions with a bunch of stuff I don't need. That said, I need to get a new laptop and everything now is preloaded with Win 8. Had mega problems with Vista - hated that op system but runs fine on Windows XP and Win 7. I'm concerned Win 8 is going to be another Vista. Any experience?

Re: Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

I look forward to the responses to your question about Windows 8 and Audition.

Now... if Audition 1.5 actually meets all your needs, GREAT! Last year I made the jump from Audition 2.0 to Audition CS6. I think many of us are finding that there is a shaky relationship between the newest Audition and Windows 7. It works well... except when it freezes up.

There a few functions where I will save a file and exit CS6 and open the file to do some tedious editing in Audition 2.0 because either I just like the User Interface better, or to use features they chose to drop from the newest version. But I do that ONLY for cut and paste type edits for the most part.

But if I am going to do a lot of "processing".... I want my CS6.... awkward interface and all! When it comes to Noise Reduction and other "processes".... once you get used to CS6 you realize that for all these years the earlier versions of Audition and the old Cool Edit were taking the "steaks" you just recorded... and turning them into "hamburger" by comparison. And doing it slowly.

Ever see someone take an old 1930s or 1940 car and drop a more modern engine and tranny in their customized car? A vintage hot-rod with modern performance (and brakes!)? That is what I wish I could do with Audition: Take the engine and tranny from CS6 and put it under the hood of my Audition 2.0 user interface.

Little by little I am making peace with the new version because when you are selling your sound... your customers want steak.... not hamburger.

So let's see what the rest of the world has figured out about Windows 8 and Audition.
    Life is too short to waste time dancing with ugly posts

CONSultant

Thanks GRC. I know exactly what you mean. I work fulltime for a station that still uses CoolEdit 2.0! because it is very stable over many different platforms. My personal editing is pretty simple vo and simple spots with voice, a few effects, and music. I don't need all of the video bloat with CS6 and I just don't want to have to learn another interface that is really different from what I use everyday.

CS6 is a quantum leap in audio processing. It works great on 8, btw...

As a 'bare essentials' kind of production guy, Audition 1.5 works fine for my needs. I've used 2.0 and 3.0; haven't gotten to CS6 yet, but I'm sure I'll demo it soon.

But I'm running 1.5 on a Win8 machine, and it seems to work flawlessly.

TDO

It works for me if I start it in compatibility mode, but AA3.0 is available free from Adobe as it has reached the end of its live. It runs fine on Win8.

Quote Originally Posted by NHRadio
    AA3.0 is available free from Adobe as it has reached the end of its live.
    Can you tell me where we can find that download?
    Whit McGhee | http://whitmcghee.com

Quote Originally Posted by whitfm
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRadio
    AA3.0 is available free from Adobe as it has reached the end of its live.
    Can you tell me where we can find that download?
    I don't think that is a true statement. Adobe Audition 3 is not free. Google.

Think what you wish. AA3 and other older programs are indeed free.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

The license agreement on that is if you legally own a copy because the reg server is not active. Not technically "free", but they're not going to enforce anything.
    www.learfieldsports.com<br />www.emmettsvoice.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast