• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

....And meanwhile, in North Carolina.....

Bongwater

Walk of Fame Participant
If I were the producer/host of this program, before I take it off the airwaves to save the radio station (College radio is in a bad enough position as it is.) and go podcast. I would actually give him an opportunity to appear on the program and offer his rebuttal. I would also like to interview him regarding his threats toward the radio station specifically. This was how the Fairness Doctrine worked. I think it would make an interesting program. But I would NOT let this matter go unchallenged. Because ANY public official that cannot handle public criticism of his/her policies is definitely interesting to the public interest and I would like to give the good congressman a chance to explain himself. Rep. Stone was elected to LISTEN, not to DICTATE. And these young journalists/broadcasters trying to do the right thing in a FREE country should NEVER have to live in fear of doing the job they were educated to do....

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...fter-hosts-criticized-his-policies/?mobile=nc

I don't know that the hosts were students/faculty at the college, which might be a requirement for having a show, but even so, they'd done the show for 5 years, and it only ends two days after an email from someone who feels they control the purse strings?
Governmental tickturd. Marchant folded.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom