• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Are they Sirius?

The logic being lost on you is fine. If it works for the employees who chose that station, then all is well and good. So you heard a radio in a lobby--so what? There's nothing that says every inch of every building you happen to enter needs to play music that suits your rigid definitions of what is or isn't appropriate.
The employees are not working in that lobby.

Were you visiting someone vchimp?

I disagree with Abraham about the music needing to work for the employees. If it works for the RESIDENTS, it's fine, the musical tastes of the staff are irrelevant. That said, the preferred music is likely to shift from what was preferred when your grandmother was in such a facility, vchimp. They may be just fine with a more uptempo, harder edged music than was the norm in the past.

Were you visiting someone vchimp?

I disagree with Abraham about the music needing to work for the employees. If it works for the RESIDENTS, it's fine, the musical tastes of the staff are irrelevant. That said, the preferred music is likely to shift from what was preferred when your grandmother was in such a facility, vchimp. They may be just fine with a more uptempo, harder edged music than was the norm in the past.
Not the residents, I'm sure.

Yes, I was visiting someone. It was nice and quiet in his part of the building.

Maybe 104.7 was being played for the grandchildren visiting their grandparents? If I got so upset over the music I heard in a business that I left because of it, I doubt vchimpanzee and I would ever patronize the same businesses. Let me paraphrase a popular t-shirt: Tune Out and Carry On.

Dear God, I hope they don't go bankrupt. Just imagine how disrespectful of them, not listening old music fitting the rigid tastes of a couple of their clients.

Not quite on topic, but related. I watch a show called "Great News" about a newscast whose target audience is old people who like to complain. And they did. They hated the six-second theme song. I would have thought they'd complain more about the bizarre mess made the day Chuck the anchor was absent and everyone did everything they wanted.

Okay, this is beyond ridiculous.

It was only loud enough that I could identify what song was being played. I didn't even hear the station ID until I was actually there to get my license, but 'Bang Your head" by Quiet Riot at the DMV? And "Photograph" by Def Leppard while I was actually getting the license.

Does nobody even notice what their radio station is playing? They had people in there who weren't guaranteed of getting their license renewed because they were getting too old to drive.

On a more positive note, everyone complains about the DMV. The only complaint I heard in the office I went to this morning was that they were so slow. And the same examiners not only worked the desks for people who came in (and the one man whose appointment was today) but also answered the phone. Several times they had to tell people on the phone no appointments until August. But look how many people showed up, and only three examiners, and three desks for them to work at. But these people were polite and even friendly.

And there’s a problem with the music in your world? Which is the only remotely relevant point to the topic at hand, not staffing or whatever other issue one chooses to opine about.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom