• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJSS 1330

DaveWilliams

Frequent Participant
This one has been missing from the dial here in southern York County PA, did the contract with the Spanish people run out or are they stuck on night pattern again? This is such a wonderful facility, from the WASA (We Always Sounded Awful) days.

Casually tuning around this afternoon I catch 1330 (now callsign WHGM) on the air, good signal too, with Christmas music. Latest STA shows they got their transmitter site situation resolved so they don't have to move. Their night signal though is 125 watts while they get their 500 watt phasing system fixed.

WJSS is now WHGM

Casually tuning around this afternoon I catch 1330 (now call sign WHGM) on the air, good signal too, with Christmas music. Latest STA shows they got their transmitter site situation resolved so they don't have to move. Their night signal though is 125 watts while they get their 500 watt phasing system fixed.

After the holidays, I wonder what format will prevail there. I'm hearing it will be pop-standards.

Post Christmas format is adult standards using the "Americas Best Music" feed. I wish them luck, good alternative for old WWLG listeners.

This turned to be an instersting station, plus I hear the translator loud and clear all the way from Newark DE to Perryville.

Updating the station's status; in summer 2016 the station pick up a "Smash Hits" format with more of an 80's to now pop format. Also the translator network has grown to include 100.5 in Chesapeake City and 107.5 Bel Air on top of 104.7 in Havre de Grace.

http://www.smashhits.fm/

Updating the station's status; in summer 2016 the station pick up a "Smash Hits" format with more of an 80's to now pop format. Also the translator network has grown to include 100.5 in Chesapeake City and 107.5 Bel Air on top of 104.7 in Havre de Grace.

http://www.smashhits.fm/

That's correct. I've been listening to it for some time now and IMHO the mix they do doesn't appeal a bit to me. Playing "Strangelove" from Depeche Mode and then "Cold Water" from J.Bieber and Major Lazer? It's not one thing but it's not the other one either...

Update: WHGM has been off air since a couple weeks ago, translators are still running though. Read they were selling or already sold. If I recall they upgraded transmitter and antenna a couple years ago so don't know what's going on with them being off the air.

Huh, sure maybe they're not just running the existing 125 watt STA during the day too? At the moment they've applied to reduce AM 1330 to just a single tour keeping their 5,000 watt day power, but permanently run only 125 watts at night. Guess the cost to fix the 500 watt, 3 tower night signal isn't worth it.

The station changed hands in August, but if my DCRTV reading is correct the programmers remain the same and so will the format.

Huh, sure maybe they're not just running the existing 125 watt STA during the day too? At the moment they've applied to reduce AM 1330 to just a single tour keeping their 5,000 watt day power, but permanently run only 125 watts at night. Guess the cost to fix the 500 watt, 3 tower night signal isn't worth it.

The station changed hands in August, but if my DCRTV reading is correct the programmers remain the same and so will the format.

The AM was indeed off the air, now back on air since a couple of weeks. They have some new id's but same name and music selection though.

It'll be even harder now to hear AM 1330, the station just applied for a 10 watt STA using a whip on the studio. I'm beginning to think the AM is just a mean to feed the FM translator network haha.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom