• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anyone playing 80s/90s Pop Variety?

mcrawford620

New Participating Member
Are there any stations out there that are playing a 80s and 90s pop-leaning format? or dance pop?

Most of the Jack FM or whatever stations that I see are basically leaning heavy to the rock side, with occasional other tracks. I'm interested in seeing one that leans to the pop and dance side of those two decades. Madonna, Prince, etc.

It doesn't have to be exclusively pop, other stuff is fine too -- new wave, alternative, current stuff, whatever they want, but overall a more pop/dance feel than the Journey/Toto stuff.

Honestly the closest I've found is the Gen X 100.5 from Louisville, but they are really centered on the 90s, with some other stuff thrown in.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep checking them out. I did see that Big R Radio last week when I was browsing, but the stream kept erroring out on Tunein.com.

I was listening to a Top 40 broadcast from the 80s and I thought it would be strange to hear Alabama and Kenny Rogers on a pop station. Did they ever get pop radio airplay?

How about KOLA? I hope you don't prefer Diet KOLA---this is just plain old KOLA. The station is at 99.9 FM in San Bernardino, California, and recently dropped 1960s oldies---Horrors!---and now plays "classic hits" of 1970 to 1999. You'll hear Alanis Morissette, Natalie Imbruglia, Shania Twain, Sublime and the Goo Goo Dolls along with Prince, Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis, Chicago and Journey. The new format is like a hybrid of classic rock (minus the '60s) and adult contemporary. You can listen online at http://kolafm.com/

Playlist looks pretty interesting at first glance; will give it a try!

60's are oldies now, not classic rock -- I just heard a piece on NPR yesterday about "90's re-enactment clubs." Funny how the 90's are the nostalgic decade now, replacing the 80's as time marches on.

Anyone playing true variety at all on terrestrial radio?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom