• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Please Help!

After 10 years I canceled my Sirius/XM subscription (taking Fox Talk off the air was the last straw, but that is not for this board). I am very much internet illiterate, I do not have a Smart Phone, or any other kind of mobile device, no lap top, no tablets, pads, or anything like that. (I do have a flip phone for emergencies only) With that said...

I love listening to radio. Someone showed me this "app" for "Tune in Radio", which I think is great. I did some on line research and discovered Internet Radio, and Web Radio. On my car radio there is a button to press for AUX. What is the easiest way to obtain "Tune in Radio" in the car. If I have to buy an internet radio I will (or a Web Radio). The only thing I want to do is listen to "Tune in Radio" in the car. I do not think the car has WIFI in it, so I guess I will need that also.

If possible could you also include some APPROXIMATE prices for these items?

Thanks,

Stuart
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Stuart,

you'll need an internet device in the car. the easiest way, and cheapest, would be to get a smartphone.

you could get a phone from one of the prepaid companies, such as virgin mobile. they have phones with unlimited data plans for as low as $35 a month. you'll need a phone from them too. they have some cheaper 3G phones for under $50, and a faster 4G phone will set you back close to $200.

then, download the tune-in app. it's free.

if your car radio has an aux input, get a cable (walmart, radio shack) with a stereo mini-plug on both ends, plug it in, hit the aux input, and voila!

Thanks Amos,

I did actually what you said. Never having a Smartphone before, I did run into a few glitches. However, after many calls (and visits) to T-Mobile I am now enjoying radio as it should be enjoyed via a phone sitting in my cup holder with a cable attached to the AUX port!

Thanks again,
Stuart

glad i could help you, stuart

my net station is on the tune-in app. it's a CHR station, so you might not enjoy it, but i invite you to give it a try. search for hot hits atlanta.

amos

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom