• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tunetracker Automation

Stay away. Very far away. Besides using BEOS, they will want to sell you complete systems (computer, sound cards, etc.) at inflated prices. Then charge for service.

You can get "Simian Lite" for $650 which will run on any reasonable computer with Windows 7/32 or older operating system. To really maximize its potential, you need an audio science audio card (around $500) but will run quite happily on less expensive cards--you'll lose the ability to segue but depends on what you want to do with it.

I would not trust that for my station. Looks like they try to make the money with 'add ons'. I agree with Simian or Station Playlist. Those are (in my opinion) the two best budget pieces out there.

Depends a lot on your market & how much interaction between companies--and what you are trying to do--but sometimes the best automation system is the one most people in the market are using.

There is no such thing as an "easy to use" automation system, they all have steep learning curves.
But it sure helps when folk circulate around the market if there are one or two common system in use.

Two non-coms in our area went with Simian because they had people who worked with our system.

True... While my cluster was first, everyone runs AudioVault here now. Oddly, our University has two stations. One uses AV, the other iMediaTouch... Go figure. I know they don't enjoy iMediaTouch, though. They told me the support people are not very helpful.

Yes, stay far away from this one. As TomT mentioned their hardware at inflated prices. Also, does BEOS even support the latest hardware?

I had the misfortune of trying to get one of these up and operating 3-4 years ago. It did not have the capability to import music or traffic from other schedulers, so that makes the Tunetracker system pointless to buy. There is a way to "import" playlists on your own, but it's not in the manual and it's too much work.

The system I worked on is stable and continues to run as a backup at a transmitter site, so that's the only positive I can see. There are better choices such as everything else that's out there.

Haven't looked recently, but there were a number of very simple --and cheap--systems that run under windows. Especially for backup if all one needs is to play a series of music cuts and liners.

Otherwise, I would stick with one of the commercial systems that provide for importing traffic and music logs, and have support available.

I also want to add that from looking at their website, they have not updated that program in over a year. A sure sign it is on the way out.

Dane Scott from Tunetracker contacted me through e-mail and told me the closest station to my location using their system was in Penningtin Gap, Va. That would be WSWV AM/FM. I might drop them an e-mail to see how they are liking it.

WRSG (one of the noncoms TomT spoke of) had TuneTracker, which followed DRS 2006 (ABSOLUTELY stay away from that one). It's a one-man show. We paid $600 a year for support. He does have 'TT Anywhere,' a clone of LogMeIn or GoToMeeting, whereby he gets into your system to help. That $600 doesn't cover weekends or after-hours. Guess when most of our problems were? The TT Anywhere is extra, as is time and temperature and their other offerings. You also get the fun of putting in line after line of code. Since we're 24/7/365 with a variety of formats, that made things somewhat problematic.

The owner is a very nice guy, but he does get most of his money on the back end. We simply wanted to have a system that would give prospective radio folks a taste of what everyone in our area was (and is) using. It just didn't make sense in the end to stay with a program that was so dissimilar from what everyone else was using.

TuneTracker had one attractive feature...using TunePrepper (WHEN it worked), you could load your CD, the songs would be automatically trimmed by your specifications, then loaded in. That's my only gripe with Simian, which uses a three-step process. Since I don't get paid for my station manager duties, doing everything on my time, that usually means I'm not loading new songs as often as I would like. Otherwise, I heartily endorse Simian.

Greg Goodfellow said:
WRSG (one of the noncoms TomT spoke of) had TuneTracker, which followed DRS 2006 (ABSOLUTELY stay away from that one). It's a one-man show. We paid $600 a year for support. He does have 'TT Anywhere,' a clone of LogMeIn or GoToMeeting, whereby he gets into your system to help. That $600 doesn't cover weekends or after-hours. Guess when most of our problems were? The TT Anywhere is extra, as is time and temperature and their other offerings. You also get the fun of putting in line after line of code. Since we're 24/7/365 with a variety of formats, that made things somewhat problematic.

The owner is a very nice guy, but he does get most of his money on the back end. We simply wanted to have a system that would give prospective radio folks a taste of what everyone in our area was (and is) using. It just didn't make sense in the end to stay with a program that was so dissimilar from what everyone else was using.

TuneTracker had one attractive feature...using TunePrepper (WHEN it worked), you could load your CD, the songs would be automatically trimmed by your specifications, then loaded in. That's my only gripe with Simian, which uses a three-step process. Since I don't get paid for my station manager duties, doing everything on my time, that usually means I'm not loading new songs as often as I would like. Otherwise, I heartily endorse Simian.

Audiovault does that with AvRip. It works well. AvImport trims up everything, but it doesn't tag unless you have the xml with the information.

Tunetracker Is Great!

Tunetracker is great. Once you purchase it, you instantly fall in love. Most stable and reliable program I have ever seen. DO NOT use with BEOS, Use Haiku, There is a demo of tune tracker called the Tunetracker Experience.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom