• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Favorite rhythmic CHRs?

WZMX Hartford "Hot 93.7"

The difference between that great station and the incredibly lackluster Jam'n 94.5 in Boston is incredible

WBIMDJ said:
WZMX Hartford "Hot 93.7"

The difference between that great station and the incredibly lackluster Jam'n 94.5 in Boston is incredible

But if you want to hear Lil Wayne ft Future Love me 500 times a day. Jam'n is your go to station! I like kmel myself. That station is dope.

Hot 93.7 Hartford, CT
WiLD 94.1 Tampa, FL
Power 95.3 Orlando, FL

I would have said x102.3 West Palm, FL but since CBS sold it and the urban ac in the market flipped this station went down hill fast.

KDGS in Wichita! From my neck of the woods!
And I LOVED KCHZ! Too bad the cloud company changed it too much. Heck, that was the station that got me started on hip hop!

Favorite Rhythmic CHRs:
KDGS/Wichita
WLLD/Tampa
WZMX/Hartford
KQKS/Denver
WWKX/Providence (to an extent)
KKND/New Orleans was good in the beginning. Nowadays, some of their playlist just seems out of place.

KDGS in Wichita! From my neck of the woods!
And I LOVED KCHZ! Too bad the cloud company changed it too much. Heck, that was the station that got me started on hip hop!

Agree 100% with this post. Oh well, long live Power 93.9!

Maybe I'm spoiled by what Wild was like in Atlanta but the Wild in St. Louis is awful. I don't even think the WILD in STL is a Rhythmic CHR station anymore. They are playing Lorde's Royals for goodness sakes. I remember WILD in Atlanta would play slow stuff like Adele but at least they "remixed" it up some and made it upbeat.

I'm not aware of a remix show either on WILD St. Louis either live or through Premium Choice.

But if you want to hear Lil Wayne ft Future Love me 500 times a day. Jam'n is your go to station! I like kmel myself. That station is dope.

Royals is a major cross-over hit and gets airplay on several rhythmic stations. KBWX is very pop-leaning, but I really do like there mix. I do find it a little odd that they don't have a mix show or that many jocks. As pop-leaning as KBWX is, it's nothing compared to KXJM, I don't quite understand how that station can pass as rhythmic, especially when CC also owns a CHR Pop in the same market.

Maybe I'm spoiled by what Wild was like in Atlanta but the Wild in St. Louis is awful. I don't even think the WILD in STL is a Rhythmic CHR station anymore. They are playing Lorde's Royals for goodness sakes. I remember WILD in Atlanta would play slow stuff like Adele but at least they "remixed" it up some and made it upbeat.

I'm not aware of a remix show either on WILD St. Louis either live or through Premium Choice.

Guess you aren't big on Urban? Hot 104.1 in STL has also been playing Royals.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom