• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Favorite rhythmic CHRs?

KKWD OKlahoma City
KIBT Colorado Springs
KYLD San Francisco (sounds more CHR now but still has Rhythmic elements)

wdb2003 said:
KKWD OKlahoma City
KIBT Colorado Springs
KYLD San Francisco (sounds more CHR now but still has Rhythmic elements)

I would agree with you about KKWD before they were "Cumulized" but now they sound terrible. Pop2K on XM sounds better and has more variety. Power 103.5 and KJ 103 get new music months before Wild does. I wish KKWD would go back to its old Pre-Cumulus format because it was one of the best rhythmic CHRs in my opinion.

Most of my other favorites are gone. I loved WIBT in Charlotte before they flipped. They sounded a lot like Citadel KKWD did.

Here's my "Long" list:

KPWR/Los Angeles
KDDB/Honolulu
KPHW/Honolulu
KXJM/Portland
WNRG/Milwaukee
KEZE/Spokane
WJHM/Orlando
WNVZ/Norfolk
KZON/Phoenix
WZPW/Peoria
WDHT/Dayton
KDGS/Wichita
WRDW/Philadelphia
KSFM/Sacramento
KUBE/Seattle
WAMO/Pittsburgh
KWYD/Boise
KOSP/Springfield

I HERE MY LIST
1 POWER 106 LOS ANGELES
2 KSFM SACRAMENTO CALI
3 KWYD BOSE ID
4 POWER 6 MEW MEXICO
5 USE BE KUBE 93 IN SEATTLE TELL THEY DROP THERE MIXSHOWNS

Yeah, not sure why they don't have any mix shows anymore, it used to be that they seemed to be mixing a lot, 5:00 and 8:00 on weekdays. Now, it seems as if mix shows are limited to about 9P to 3A on weekends in this market.

KKWD - Oklahoma City
KDGS - Wichita !!!! Grew up with this station. All time favorite.
Wish KCHZ/Kansas City was still rhythmic. They were great a few years ago.

Are you counting past stations as well? If so...

- KZZA Casa 106.7 (2004-2009)
- KHKS Wild 106.1 HD2 (2008-2011)

Otherwise, my currents are...

- Wild on iHeartRadio
- KESS Radio H2O 107.9 (Lately, the station has been leaning a little more on the rhythmic side. NICE!!)

CalebC said:
KKWD - Oklahoma City
KDGS - Wichita !!!! Grew up with this station. All time favorite.
Wish KCHZ/Kansas City was still rhythmic. They were great a few years ago.

I don't know how anybody can like this station today. It used to be my favorite station until it became programmed by Jan Jeffries and now its nothing but dated hip-hop and dance tracks from 3-4 years ago with a few random current songs thrown in. It's pretty much unlistenable, and unfortunately the format tweak has left OKC without a station covering the rhythmic and hip-hop portion of the musical spectrum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom