Hot AC's that are chr-driven - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot AC's that are chr-driven

Re: Hot AC's that are chr-driven

Here in Northern Indiana

we have 97.3 WMEE they go CHR-ish at night wmee.com/

100.3 in Angola, IN they are really interesting they even have a show called new music Friday which they play CHR, Country And even some Triple A like stuff you would not find anywhere else
    they also carry AT40 and Open House Party wlki.com/

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by chrocket87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    WTMX Chicago plays more music that's been released in the last 5-6 years, but will play an occasional 90's song, & even an occasional 80's song. Otherwise, it's music that's mostly no more than 6 years old.
    And a lot more rhythmic material, in currents and golds, than most Hot ACs.
    Forgot about that one too. That was done while Bonneville still owned the station, & never thought they'd go that route. Bonneville was more about keeping their formats conservative. Under Hubbard, it's loosened up a bit not just for WTMX, but also WILV & the WDRV/WWDV simulcast.

KALC/Denver and WQSM/Fayetteville are two of my favorites that are really CHR driven. Another is KQXY/Beaumont.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav
    KALC/Denver and WQSM/Fayetteville are two of my favorites that are really CHR driven. Another is KQXY/Beaumont.
    Two of those are Cumulus!!

Well then here's another one that is one of my favorites but haven't listened to much lately, WRQX. They've always been a great station. I'm not sure if they're still leaning CHR, they were taking after WDVD for a while, but I think they've shifted back towards a streight Hot AC lately. Both that station and another sister WPLJ have gotten really CHR in their presentation.

KS 95 KSTP in Minneapolis.
    I guess you could say they have really jumped over Hot AC and gone to Adult CHR.
    Either way they have been a Hot AC for many years and are just enjoying the current crop of music.

Magic 105.3- San Antonio and 97.3 The Coast- Miami, both are owned by Cox Radio

Some artists heard on both stations are Nicki Minaj, Swedish House Mafia, Pitbull, Zedd, Usher, and other Chr base artist.

www.magic1053.com
    www.973thecoast.com
    Last edited by saradio1; 10-04-2013 at 01:31 AM.

KDMX 102.9 Now (formerly Mix 102.9) was CHR-driven for a short while as they were an Adult Top 40 station last year. Up until last October, they played songs from LMFAO, Pitbull, Usher, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, even Enrique Iglesias' "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" song featuring Ludacris. Now, they've reverted to their heritage Hot AC format due to Adult Top 40 being unsuccessful.

WDVD in Detroit is sort of CHR-driven; they are playing mainly currents/recurrents, they also bill themselves as "Today's Best Hits".

Though no longer in existence and not current, Detroit also had a Hot AC station in the 90s called Q95-5 that branded itself as a CHR station, but they played tons of 80s titles and was also a bit more rhythmic and current-heavy than most typical Hot AC stations of that era.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12