• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

GAMECHANGER: Completely Free Internet Radio Hosting

R

ridetheradiowaves

I have to share this...I shopped around for a while for the best internet radio option for my stuff. Checked out all the guys: Live365, Shoutcast, Loudcast...etc. Then my Belgian colleague told me about the EU startup called Radionomy. Why the heck doesn't everyone use this? Let me put it simply:

1) They pay for hosting, streaming, servers, global music rights, unlimited upload, pre-recorded newscasts and weather reports, a pre-loaded library of 100,000 tracks.
2) Embeddable in websites, social media platforms and you get a page on radionomy.com.
3) The programming tool is completely online and super easy to use. You can also live broadcast.

The days of paying for an internet radio station are over. You can set up a station dedicated to Michael Jackson on Radionomy, distribute it globally and not pay a cent. What?? I set my station up in less than an hour. Check it (and like VICEROY on Facebook!)

http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/viceroy-radio/index

Yes that looks great, but the branding thing lets people quickly click to other radio stations and it's really not your own or am I missing something?

If you don't build a big enough audience in three months, either you have to pay for your stream or they pull the plug. NOT free.

ridetheradiowaves said:
I have to share this...I shopped around for a while for the best internet radio option for my stuff. Checked out all the guys: Live365, Shoutcast, Loudcast...etc. Then my Belgian colleague told me about the EU startup called Radionomy.

-Registered on board - January 15, 2013, 02:03:58 PM
-Made two posts within 10 minutes after registering, both hyping the same company.
-Left board 11 minutes after registering and has not come back since.

There's a certain Monty Python song going through my head right now.

I would have a lot more respect for these people if they actually came out and stated that they worked for the company and then described the product, instead of this BS about how someone told them about it and that they just HAD to let everyone else know.

If it sounds to good to be true.... it probably is........ :-\

I've tried Radionomy. Web based interface was clunky, slow, and very user un-friendly. Listenership, what little there was, was mostly from Europe and South America. I didn't find any indication they paid the ABS-SX licensing fees in the U.S. And it looked like there was no way I'd make the minimum in three months to keep it free.

I dropped it.

I had the same issue with the online software and could NOT get it to give me the IP to broadcast LIVE. However if you really want FREE you can use RadioLoyalty.com and even gain some revenue. Plus their Icecast server is very stable. You can even license it legally in the USA and Canada using StreamLicensing (discount URL below):

http://startinternetradio.tk Remember the discount code is TC-227 in case the cookie doesn't get through however it should.

If you need to hear my RadioLoyalty station I have a short URL to it if you enjoy Classic Rock and Progressive Rock.

http://thelegacyfm.tk

Marvin from StreamLicensing is a great guy and very helpful if you get stuck getting your station set up. Plus I may be able to lend a hand as well.

I've been using it about a year for multiple stations. I hooked up with a friend who's been using them for many years. Yes, they just adjusted their way of doing things and there are some minor bugs but for the most part, if you learn the system, it's easy to use. I program up to a month ahead of time and I go live on any one of the stations when ever I feel like it, using winamp/shoutcast source. Yes, some stations do not make it. You just tweak what you had, rebrand the name in some way and you can start over again. I currently have at least 6 stations more than cover the "minimum" monthly streaming totals they require.

stuckinthe50s said:
I've tried Radionomy. Web based interface was clunky, slow, and very user un-friendly. Listenership, what little there was, was mostly from Europe and South America. I didn't find any indication they paid the ABS-SX licensing fees in the U.S. And it looked like there was no way I'd make the minimum in three months to keep it free.

I dropped it.

They don't pay sound exchange.. from what I read in their forum their a Belgium company and pay the Belgium equivalent of sound exchange.

I really don't know why the music industry makes a big deal about where the damn thing is paid for as long as its paying royalties somehow.

The thing that turns me away from Radionomy is the fact that I can't just simply fire up SAM Broadcaster and broadcast live. I don't like web based software that I cannot announce in real time with my own voice when I want. LiveWebDJ is about the best AutoDJ I've found and I've tried alot of web based AutoDJ's (except SAM VIBE). Krykey however is re working their website and could be another competitor of Radionomy. From what I've read you'll be able to broadcast Live their and they do pay royalties just not the USA based sound exchange however if their servers are not in the USA it really should not matter.

Good luck broadcasting folks.

If their listed on Sound Exchange then they're legal. I think you're gonna see more sites like this. I also am keeping an eye on Krykey.com but they too look like their using a web based AutoDJ and since I'd rather use something like SAM Broadcaster, StationPlaylist I'd rather just use RadioLoyalty.

thelegacy said:
I really don't know why the music industry makes a big deal about where the damn thing is paid for as long as its paying royalties somehow.

The thing that turns me away from Radionomy is the fact that I can't just simply fire up SAM Broadcaster and broadcast live. I don't like web based software that I cannot announce in real time with my own voice when I want. LiveWebDJ is about the best AutoDJ I've found and I've tried alot of web based AutoDJ's (except SAM VIBE). Krykey however is re working their website and could be another competitor of Radionomy. From what I've read you'll be able to broadcast Live their and they do pay royalties just not the USA based sound exchange however if their servers are not in the USA it really should not matter.

Good luck broadcasting folks.

I've been using Winamp/Shoutcast and Virtual DJ with Radionomy to broadcast live, never had a problem.

How do you do this? It will not give me the IP and port to broadcast. In fact it stays blank. I think you have to broadcast with the web tool first for so many hours first. But if not I could pay for another encoder on LiveWebDJ and use that to transmit to Radioanonomy. But like I said from what I tried to do I could not get it to work and gave up on it. It would be nice as it could give me yet another way to rake in a little money for my hobby.

I tried Radioiomy a few sperate times and hated it... Its hard to use... I pay 18 bucks a month for 175 slots, and about 30 bucks a month from Stream Licensing.. Its an expensive hobby unless you dont pay royalties.. (NOT RECOMENDED) or you use your own Bandwdth through Shoutcast to stream,,,, (Not Reliable) and Crashy...

Thanks Mid West Clubber I just could not figure out if I had to truly make separate boxes for the artists I wanted to play and then make a clock and it would randomly play them or are the boxes like rotations say General, Hits, Progressive ect. I think I know what they do but it just seems way out there from other AutoDJ's that I've worked with such as LiveWebDJ before that Centovacast, MakeAVoice, all of which I could get a station running. This Radionomy set up is too vague and I think more geared to those who just want an AutoDJ to play their music (Yahoo Launch like) but with a few ads and jingles thrown in. My idea of a Radio station is where I can control what is played.

As far as streaming license I'm with StreamLicensing all the way. I too would not recommend broadcasting without that license. You may get away with it for a few hours while you test a server but I'd say no longer than 1-2. I've actually heard where some college chick working for BMI was actually Emailing, calling and actually harassing legally licensed stations about their web site lay out. If my memory serves me correct many of these stations were LoudCaster and LoudCity stations which were all covered under their umbrella license. It got to the point that I was running promo's for StreamLicensing to let everyone know for certain that my station was paying Royalties.

I just tried to create a station with this site and gave up. I won't drop my account just yet as I just signed up today, but did anyone else have any problems choosing the music styles? I also don't get why they need my street address right away? Any help would be appreciated. Thelegacy, did you say something about Radio Loyalty stations not showing up in TuneIn unless they had a certain number of hits to the stream? Some clarification on this would be nice as right now I am curious as to why 3KJ is in TuneIn but sister station KFEG is not. They're both owned by the same company and use Radio Loyalty.

I've been using Radionomy since late June. So far my auto-playlist has sounded good and the audio quality with 128kbit mp3 isn't that bad (even when ported to my home stereo). And it hasn't cost me a penny to play program director on the web.

If I don't get the listeners to continue after three months I really don't care. I had my chance to sink or swim and for that I don't feel that bad. :D

Psychedelic Bee Gees: all the genres (including Psychedelic Pop, Baroque Pop) the Bee Gees used before they sold out and did Disco. And other acts like The Kinks & The Doors who did likewise. ;)

Yea, still shilling till they yank my stream. :p :-* ;D

I gave up on RadioLoyalty and Radionomy. RadioLoyalty's player is just plain garbage. Its stopping in the middle of the song is annoying (and its not their server). I found about the AdsWizz program and DJCMedia and I'll stick with them. Their awesome and you can actually make some money. RadioLoaylty gave me so much headache I decided to let that account die. They keep having too many issues with their over loaded servers which are not dedicated ones. DJC Media has dedicated servers, meetings to educate broadcasters and their AdsWizz program is FREE. They use Icecast and I think these guys are the true game changers when it comes to Internet Radio. They have a true passion for Radio and you get to ask questions and form opinions in their conferences and forums. Unlike RadioLoyalty you get credit for many countries and you schedule ads as you see fit. They are supported in the Pioneer Audio app directory which will get you a lot of listeners. You will have to point your listeners to their server, but its well worth using them as apposed to other FREE services.

As long as you have a Shoutcast server for them to relay from your good so you can have a cheap 10-20 slot server to forward to their server as your listeners will be streaming from them anyway. Hope this helps you all. Check their web site out

http://djcmedia.com

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom