• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies return to Erie, PA

Excellent idea to put the oldies on FM. They sound like they've got a nice oldies library. I did notice that one of the jocks called one of the major girl groups of the 60's ("The Chiffons") the "shiff-ins". I realize that some of the student airstaff are probably not fully up to speed with oldies artists yet. No biggie. In any event, good luck with WMCE-FM!

As I understand it, since it's attached to Mercyhurst College, it's a 'teaching station' so your announcers are 'newbies'. Best of luck to them, if the music is good people will overlook the deficits of the jocks. Known of 'Cap'n Dan' since the 70's.

The current website is http://wmce.mercyhurst.edu/ ... no www in front, it's an edu., they're special.

I live in Erie and haven't heard many, if any, students on the station. Several on-air have radio experience dating back to the 1960s and 1970s. The music library is extremely broad, guessing well into the thousands of songs. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I was the temporary Program Director of WMCE between the Jazz & Oldies formats. We had more on air students with some jazz programs than the station has now with oldies / classic hits. There were promises that the jazz would stay online and I would be programming the jazz stream with all of the programs that were on jazz format. That was an outright lie by current PD Dan Geary. I had made a suggestion that the stations should not simulcast on 88.5 and WMCE 1530. I told Dan that WMCE 1530 should be a MOYL / Jazz formatted station, which was also shot down. I left the station in March of 2013 after he was going to let me go for budgetary reasons.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom