• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

THE FINAL DAYS OF HOT HITS 98 WCAU-FM

This month will now mark 25 years since Hot Hits 98 WCAU-FM became oldies WOGL which is now a Classic Hits/Oldies station if you want to call it that. Philadelphia Radio Fans would know that the final months of WCAU-FM in 1987 was then mainly known as 98 THE HOT FM. Perhaps a precursor to the first years of Q102 Philadelphia if you want to call it in that regard. What was your impression of the final days of CHR 98 WCAU-FM? Did anyone see that format change coming? It was considerably the Top 40 leader in the Philadelphia market although they would give the honor to its then rival WEGX aka EAGLE 106. Tell me your thoughts on the final days of Hot Hits 98 WCAU-FM? I hope we all have a Happy and Safe November 2012!

Wow WCAU-FM was a great radio station. Boy was I upset when they changed formats. I used to listen to the station all of the time. After they went to oldies...I immediately switched to WEGX Eagle 106 and listened until they changed formats to Jazz. They were both great stations. CAU was a legendary station that other stations and city's followed suit to what they station was doing and playing. To this day, I still miss that station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom