• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AT40

Ok I really don't understand this. Gangnam Style by Psy, seems to be number 1 on every chart mentioned on this board and is still at number 1 or has already fallen out of the top spot on many local count down shows. Here in Seattle, I'm not sure where it is on the Movin' 7 at 7, but the othere day it was on the KBKS Interactive 8 at 8, at number 5, and has been number 1 for at least a month on the IHeart Radio big 20. In the thread discussing the song on this board, it appears to have stalled at number 2 on the referenced chart. More evidence, it's been consistantly on top of the ITunes chart for the last month plus, and come to think of it, I can't remember where it was on the Open House Party count down when I caught it on Saturday, I want to say it was at 3 out of 5 songs surveyed, but maybe it was number 1 of 3. In any case, it has shown top 5 performance everywhere, so why isn't it even top 10 on AT40 yet? It will probably be this weekend, but I'm surprised it didn't skyrocket to number 1 weeks ago?

bobdavcav said:
In any case, it has shown top 5 performance everywhere, so why isn't it even top 10 on AT40 yet? It will probably be this weekend, but I'm surprised it didn't skyrocket to number 1 weeks ago?

The AT40 with Seacrest uses the Mediabase CHR current and recurrent chart to base their rankings. That chart is based on radio airplay by reporting CHRs. The AT40 shows is also about two weeks behind the reporting of Mediabase which makes it seem out-of-date.

Most of the other charts base their rankings on sales and number of downloads, or use that as a factor.

Is the Mediabase chart the one that is always referenced in these threads? If so, then why is AT40 not synced with that chart, usually several weeks behind?

The Mediabase CHR current chart is the one most often referenced here as it focuses more on radio airplay, not sales. The AT40 uses the current/recurrent chart for their ranking, so it includes older hits that have dropped off the current list but are still getting enough spins to be in the top 40.

For some reason the show for years has run about 2 weeks behind Mediabase's reporting. The last AT40 show had "One More Night" spending the 2nd week at #1, but on the day-to-day CHR chart the hit has been there for 4, going on 5 weeks at #1. It's an excellent question why it isn't synced up... I've often wondered that too, and it would be so easy to correct when they take 2 weeks off for the year end countdown.

Gagnam Style will not be a #1 hit on this chart. It peaked at #10 and is now declining.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255599

bobdavcav said:
Ok I really don't understand this. Gangnam Style by Psy, seems to be number 1 on every chart mentioned on this board and is still at number 1 or has already fallen out of the top spot on many local count down shows.

Stuck at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, behind "One More Night" by Maroon 5, for 6 weeks now.

CHRles said:
American Top 40 can be heard in the 50 states and around the world on great radio stations like <snip>
Now, on with the countdown ;)

I wonder why Seacrest doesn’t mention stuff like that on his show. Now it’s “where life and music converge”.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom