• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

In case anyone cares, the music at my dentist's office today sounded great!

On this board, we seem to like to talk about the music that's playing at our dentists' offices. In case anyone cares, I went to the dentist today and loved the music they were playing. Not sure what station it was, but it was probably Sirius XM, Pandora, or something similar.

These are a few of the songs I heard:
  • "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel
  • "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac
  • "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel (one of my favorites)
  • "Without You" by Nilsson

I really enjoyed this selection. 'Twas very relaxing while my teeth were being cleaned. ;D

Wait, I don't know what "Landslide" sounds like.

Two of the others I actually like and hear on my usual station. That's not to say they would relax me at the dentist.

vchimpanzee said:

Two of the others I actually like and hear on my usual station. That's not to say they would relax me at the dentist.

Dixie Chicks did a version too, but Fleetwood Mac's is many times better.

oldies76 said:
vchimpanzee said:
Dixie Chicks did a version too, but Fleetwood Mac's is many times better.
Mix 92.9, the local AC station here in Nashville, at one time one of the few stations to play both versions of it, although I believe that they only play the Mac version now. Anyway, it's worth noting that a dj there played the Mac version and claimed it as the definitive version of the song! ;)

Actually semoochie, vchimp should try this one instead, being the original studio version: https://youtube.com/watch?v=5YagfJF1CDY

In fact, I'd much rather hear the cuts listed in the opening post in my dentist's practise than this stripped-down hip hop that seems to pass as "soft rock" these days*. But then, I suppose that's why earphones and pocket CD players were invented.

[size=8pt]____________________________
* Remember what Skybill9 says, you can't spell "CRAP" without "RAP"....

I have a broken tooth and a filling will need to be replaced as part of fixing it.

I have informed the woman who makes appointments that classical music is all I will accept (the speaker in the room where I will be cannot be turned off). This is because no other station has a mix that will not add to my stress. The music listed in the first post might not bother me, but it's not on a local station. In my car outside the dentist, it can be heard, but that won't work with all the equipment inside.

cjunkielover said:
I prefer Nine Inch Nails and Metallica while I'm in the dentist chair. They blend right in with the drilling...
I coudln't hear anything when the drilling was going on, but I will say the classical music made me feel a lot better when I could hear it. the dentist liked what was playing at one point. I heard him comment about Handel's water music. The DJ also mentioned Handel's water something.

I had to come back because something wasn't done right, but it only took a minute to fix. As I waited for the dentist to come work on me, I had to put up with "Jack and Diane" (when it was first released soft ACs wouldn't plasy it because of lyrics, but probably also because it was LOUD at times), "I'll Be" (I think that's the title) and the Kelly Clarkson song about "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

I was so relieved the music stopped when the dentist came in.

Okay, no ones going to believe this. I have been in the hosp since Saturday -that was vchimp - I am vchimp's cousin and you would not believe how great vchimp has done - very cooperative and doing very well - very little complaining

vchimpanzee said:
I have informed the woman who makes appointments that classical music is all I will accept

This woman must think you are ridiculous. It's silly to think that a dentist's office will change their music selection for one single patient. Maybe you should encourage them to poll all the patients so they can vote on what kind of music they would prefer... classical, AC, jazz, etc. Majority should rule... not one single patient's preferences.

new_friends_gr said:
vchimpanzee said:
I have informed the woman who makes appointments that classical music is all I will accept

This woman must think you are ridiculous. It's silly to think that a dentist's office will change their music selection for one single patient. Maybe you should encourage them to poll all the patients so they can vote on what kind of music they would prefer... classical, AC, jazz, etc. Majority should rule... not one single patient's preferences.
Nevertheless, here's how it is. I had to return to get something fixed, and as I waited, I had to put up with "Jack and Diane", "I'll Be" and "Stronger" as I waited. I was so relieved when the dentist got there to do the work and the "music" went away.

opinion.
I'm not interested in your opinion. Any other stray text I can't get rid of.

rI'm not really interested in you r ropinion. redrt,

vchimpanzee said:
Okay, no ones going to believe this. I have been in the hosp since Saturday -that was vchimp - I am vchimp's cousin and you would not believe how great vchimp has done - very cooperative and doing very well - very little complaining
Isn't my cousin cute? I should never leave the computer unattended. My uncle was in the hospital.

Setting your Firefox to delete your cookies, cache and history upon closing the programme, then pressing Alt-F4 when stepping away from the computer, is an excellent way to remedy that problem!

Darth_vader said:
Setting your Firefox to delete your cookies, cache and history upon closing the programme, then pressing Alt-F4 when stepping away from the computer, is an excellent way to remedy that problem!
Assuming it's Firefox.

I was in a room with no music on my last visit, which is as it should be. When the experience is as unpleasant as going to dentist usually is, there's no sense in adding what passes for "soft rock" these days.

And I don't know what mess I was hearing as I paid my bill. I thought about waiting around to see if there was a station ID. Surely that wasn't one of the so-called ACs. It might have been the Hot AC station, which some people around here say isn't Hot AC because there are too many old songs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom