• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rapid City thoughts and a question about KKLS

bobdavcav

Star Participant
I was back in Rapid City in July and here are some thoughts,
1. Does New Rushmore Radio stream any of there stations online? I would like to hear KRCS, I hear that is supposed to be a pretty good CHR, but can't seem to get it online, and didn't get much time to listen when I was back there.
2. How can this market, which has a significant number of tourists visiting, have no mainstream AC and 3 Hot ACs? Well I guess there is a mainstream AC, but it's on a translator that maybe serves the entirety of Rapid City, but I can't imagine that signal getting out very far, and it definately does not reach Mount Rushmore or hardly anything out on 16.
3. I got a lot of time with KZLK, and I like there formula, but the immaging needs work.
4. Now onto KKLS, has this station always sounded like this or has it undergone major changes since the sale to Townsquare? I thought I would start listening today, and I expected a Cumulus sounding CHR, but it sounds pretty mainstream, and uses the same package as KDWB, not the typical Cumulus CHR package.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom