• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Check this job opening out......

TonySantiago

Star Participant
Without even opening the link - are the calls "WNYZ"? ;)

DToTheJ said:

Uhhhh. NO

I had a hard time opening it again...they may have revised it. The calls were WZGC (to which I looked up, it's an A/C station in Atlanta.) I'm thinking it was a typo...it can't be the new calls for WFAN on the AM side.

EJM said:
Tony Santiago said:
DToTheJ said:

Uhhhh. NO

I had a hard time opening it again...they may have revised it. The calls were WZGC (to which I looked up, it's an A/C station in Atlanta.) I'm thinking it was a typo...it can't be the new calls for WFAN on the AM side.

To be precise, WZGC was a Triple A station (as "Dave FM") that will be relaunching shortly as an FM Sports outlet; CBS has owned it for many years. It's certainly within the realm of possibility that CBS will be changing the calls to reflect the new format, which is billed as "The Game" (since "The Fan" is used by a competing Sports station there).

What made this interesting was that it said WZGC in New York. I guess they may be setting up a New York bureau then.

There's always the possibility of someone having a "fat finger" moment while typing the press release in the HR department...
Everybody makes mistokes mistakes every now and then.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom