• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pulse Radio on 92.3 FM

Coming in 2013...

Witness one of the biggest moves, one of the biggest imPULSES to hit NY Radio...

A NY Radio Favorite emerges from the Internet back to radio!

The REAL beat of NY is coming back, stronger and powerful than ever.

With 10,000 Watts of pure radio music power! Twice the power than KTU!

A station for NY in NY.

Playing nothing, but the dance hits from slow ballads in the am to fist pumping hits in the pm!

Welcome back PULSE RADIO on 92.3FM!

whatsnew3000 said:
Coming in 2013...

Witness one of the biggest moves, one of the biggest imPULSES to hit NY Radio...

A station for NY in NY.

Playing nothing, but the dance hits from slow ballads in the am to fist pumping hits in the pm!

...and than you wake up...

Uh huh...

Well aside from the total nonsense babble about something that'll never happen to a CBS radio station, I'm trying to figure out your "power" comment... If you're literally talking about power, 92.3 and 103.5 both run 6kw into the FM master on Empire, so... Yeah.

You should also ask Gospel 1590 in South Daytona for their call letters before you're marking down WPUL for New York.

By the way, Mr. Whatsnew3000.... WXRK and WKTU both have the same 6kW ERP from the same shared antenna on the Empire State Building. Which part of your transverse colon did you pull the 10kW number out of?

"Coming in 2013... more people posting B.S. on message boards"

whatsnew3000 said:
Coming in 2013...

A station for NY in NY.

......still won't bring me back to listen to the FM dial.

whatsnew3000 said:

The only way that the 92.3 frequency in New York could increase power to 10,000 watts is to reduce antenna height well below the level of the Empire State Building.

The approximately 6 kw power of the ESB stations is the absolute maximum for a Class B FM in that area of the country at that antenna height.

The rest of your post has the same probability of occurring as does any NYC station increasing to 10 kw.

whatsnew3000 said:
Coming in 2013...

A station for NY in NY.

Looks like "whatsnew3000" is channeling their inner "Harold Camping"...or quite possibly has "over medicated" themselves..
This post is probably one of the funniest off the wall statements I've seen in a LONG time.

Maybe he has a 10kW transmitter and a rooftop in the city and plans on lighting up a pirate station... Or a ship anchored in international waters!

Or a padded room that the post was typed in.

WNTIRadio said:
Maybe he has a 10kW transmitter and a rooftop in the city and plans on lighting up a pirate station... Or a ship anchored in international waters!

Or a padded room that the post was typed in.

/snark
Or maybe there's a new "import" CB rig on the market we don't know about??
Look at the forward "swing" on that audio 10-4?
/end snark

This may have sparked laughter for some of you. Personally, this post is stupid.

RadioDiscussions (just like it's predecessor, Radio-Info) should be about factual matters happening in the radio industry. Whether it's talk about radio professionals, stations, fans of radio and music, etc. that should be the prime focus here.

Occasionally we do hear of rumors within the industry (station flips, ownership changes) and depending on who posts it, it could be actual fact. If you were trying to seek "credibility" whatsnew3000, you totally lost it.

If I stated that a dance/EDM station was coming, you could be damn well sure that it would be fact and people here know it. I would never do anything to ruin my music. Far from it.

Can a moderator dump this thread? PLEASE?

Take a chill pill people.

People post DOZENS of nonsense with no credibility whatsoever!

Radio people read the board and brainstorm as to what to do with radio. Why do you think WFAN is coming to FM? Because the rating on WEPN are good? Get real.

Whether its true or not on the board is really left for debate.

Mr. Santiago, if you're really offended by the use of post on here about dance. Wasn't trying to burst a bubble or anything. Ask the board to have people simply comment with facts if you're going to act that way. New rule: if you wanna post, have a link or else you're not getting posted. Whether this sounds practical is left to the board.

whatsnew3000 said:
Take a chill pill people.

People post DOZENS of nonsense with no credibility whatsoever!

You're right and that stinks.

whatsnew3000 said:
Radio people read the board and brainstorm as to what to do with radio. Why do you think WFAN is coming to FM? Because the rating on WEPN are good? Get real.

No brainer on this one....WFAN wants that Yankee money. That's why they did it :)

whatsnew3000 said:
Whether its true or not on the board is really left for debate.

If it's a rumor that sounds like it could be valid, that's fine.

whatsnew3000 said:
Mr. Santiago, if you're really offended by the use of post on here about dance. Wasn't trying to burst a bubble or anything. Ask the board to have people simply comment with facts if you're going to act that way. New rule: if you wanna post, have a link or else you're not getting posted. Whether this sounds practical is left to the board.

Here's what it is, and you've been in here long enough to know.

Regarding dance music, there are those in here (no names) that want nothing more than for dance to fail, let alone NEVER appear on radio. There are some that make posts about speculation of formats and the one thing they disclaimer right off the bat is "NO DANCE MUSIC". So when a post like this comes up, jokingly or not, you get a rise out of those "haters" that want to take that jab. And I have to take that stance.

It's one thing if a person doesn't know about dance music and that's okay if they are open minded and want to know; I'm here to help in any way I can. But for the ignorance, that's why I fight the way I do. 34 years removed and you still have that "Disco Demolition Derby" mentality on some folks in here. I just want the same respect for my music, as a whole, in the same way I respect other people's tastes even if I am not into their music. That's what I fight for every day and make no apologies about it.

If something is indeed valid, then yeah, post away. If you have proof, bring it. Even if a rumor sounds plausible, then sure go right ahead. But we know that this post is not a fact. If you know that and still want to get a rise, then please avoid posting something like this. The way the radio industry is, corporate will never understand anyway.

Thank you,
TS

Mr. Santiago,

Fair points across the board. None are real, but I really want to develop in 2013. I guess I'll save this for anything people want out NYC radio in 2013.

whatsnew3000 said:
Mr. Santiago,

Fair points across the board. None are real, but I really want to develop in 2013. I guess I'll save this for anything people want out NYC radio in 2013.

Unfortunately, what people want and what radio is going to do is why things have become so polarized.

Let's sum it up. There's a hole for dance music/EDM (along the lines of what Pulse was, not the 'KTU brand), country music and now alternative again. And while it is not radio's job to fill those holes, at least take them into consideration before you brand up another variation of an "exciting" A/C format or more spoken word variations. There are untapped resources here that if done right, could really bring in the profits that radio seeks.

For me, I would hope that in 2013 the dance/EDM format would be taken to consideration; heck I want it now! :D And I know there's a large enough community here in the tri-state area that would welcome it with open arms. And if a country or alternative station came before that, I'll applaud those listeners :)

We're cool 3000 :)

DavidEduardo said:
whatsnew3000 said:
The only way that the 92.3 frequency in New York could increase power to 10,000 watts is to reduce antenna height well below the level of the Empire State Building.

What's the height at Four Times Sq? To run a full Class B at 10 kW, I think the HAAT would have to be ~77% of the HAAT at ESB. Not to mention the need to lay out a small fortune for the move. Is Four Times Square that tall? You'd get somewhat better building penetration with those facilities but would the result even be equal to an ESB signal? Wouldn't there be lots of shadowing from taller buildings in the midtown area? Could result in some pretty bad interference on the west side of Manhattan and a good chunk of Queens and Brooklyn. New Jersey ought to be good, though. Does anyone have the REAL figures?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom