• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ESPN Deportes

e-dawg

Star Participant
Does ESPN Deportes targets specific Latino ethnic group? Does this format's targets more of Mexicans, than central, south Americans, or the Carribeans? I know there's an ESPN deportes station out in Dominica Republic called "ESPN 104.5"

Does ESPN Deportes targets specific Latino ethnic group? Does this format's targets more of Mexicans, than central, south Americans, or the Carribeans? I know there's an ESPN deportes station out in Dominica Republic called "ESPN 104.5"

After listening to ESPN Deportes it's safe to say their target demo are soccer (fútbol) fans.

After listening to ESPN Deportes it's safe to say their target demo are soccer (fútbol) fans.

That is correct.

When programming the sports block on KTNQ in LA 15 years ago, we used to joke that we covered all three major sports... soccer, soccer and soccer.

By "ethnic group" I assume you mean "heritage" or "nationality".

Soccer is the principal sport of every nation in Latin America except the Greater Antilles and, to some extent, Nicaragua. It is massively more popular than baseball, which is only played and well followed in the Greater Antilles, northern Mexico some of Venezuela and Nicaragua. American football has little appeal among "the masses" anywhere in Latin America. Basketball is gaining in popularity as it requires less land to play on and is more suited for dense urban environments... but for radio broadcasts it is all about soccer from Mexico to Argentina.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom