• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRXP up for sale again??

This could be an opportunity for a new entry into the market. Someone could come in and buy both 101.9 and 94.7.

Other possibilities:

A new private investment firm buys up the Merlin stations, keeping them together for the time being

CBS bypasses Family Radio completely if 101.9 does become available. How does "1019 WINS" sound to you? Not exactly the brand we're all used to but, with time, people would get familiar with it. It would then become interesting who ends up with the AM stick. Could FR still buy it without selling 94.7? If not then we could see something interesting with 1010, from another conglomerate to even a foreign news service like the BBC.

Hopefully it's just a rumor because I like the music being played there now.

Cumulus could get 1010 and run the new CBS Sports Radio network on it 24/7, with WFAN staying put at 660 (or WFAN at 101.9 and WINS moving to 660). Remember, Cumulus, which is not yet at the max ownership limit in NYC, is involved with CBSSR.

TimeIsTight said:
Channel 55 is not only a regular TV station in the 19th market, it is carried on cable and satellite systems all over the entire number-one market. And, by far, most viewers get their TV over cable and satellite. In essence it is a full New York market station for most cable TV and satellite viewers, and it is getting a lot of promotion and support on Channel-2.

WLNY is not carried by Cablevision in Monmouth and Ocean Counties in NJ. Comcast does carry it. :)

WLNY-TV is a strange bird when it comes to carriage on Cablevision. It's on some systems while not on others.
I'm pretty sure Comcast carries across all of their NY DMA systems.

CBS is buying 101.9, and for the moment, announcing it will use it to simulcast WFAN/660. It has to dump something in its NYC cluster to stay under its limit. None of the FMs will go, and Channel 2 certainly won't. (Channel 55 is part of a separate ADI on Long Island so it's not even part of the discussion.) My guess is, after a brief simulcast, 660 drops sports and becomes the new home of WINS; WFAN stays exclusively on 101.9; everyone else in the CBS cluster stays put; and someone else buys 1010.

Anyone want to guess what's next for 1010?

radioguy39nj said:
TimeIsTight said:
Channel 55 is not only a regular TV station in the 19th market, it is carried on cable and satellite systems all over the entire number-one market. And, by far, most viewers get their TV over cable and satellite. In essence it is a full New York market station for most cable TV and satellite viewers, and it is getting a lot of promotion and support on Channel-2.

WLNY is not carried by Cablevision in Monmouth and Ocean Counties in NJ. Comcast does carry it. :)

Uh, I have WLNY on Channel 10 from Cablevision and I live in Monmouth County.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom