• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The End of Dave Unofficially Announced.

I hate to say officially because its not official, or is it?

Margot recent facebook status update: "OK, dave-FM listeners, this is the way the last week will shake out. Sun, Mon, Tue, dave-FM as usual. Wed, Thu, Fri, we will be raising money for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta with our radioathon. On Sat 9/29, all the DJ's will have their last shifts and we will count down the Top 92 dave songs as chosen by you."

UPDATE: Margot made it very clear to me on facebook that she is not sure of the exact date of the flip. All she knows is that the countdown starts Saturday 9/29. Based on 99X's countdown of 99 songs of all time, I imagine it will be some time Monday afternoon. This is me speaking though.

So far, I've seen nothing. The River, in my opinion, has made more tweaks than Rock 100.5. Some on the board said they have added some new rock but they play at least 2 or 3 post 2000 songs an hour and that has been the case for the past few months. The River, on the other hand, is asking folks on facebook, how they like the 80s hair bands and are playing some while still playing the 70s.

Rock 100.5 may still do more tweaking but that post below about Rock's ratings with their target demo makes that prediction somewhat in question.

99x will likely come back as web only. Rock may or may not tweak as I have honestly no clue and River will dig a little harder and get a little deeper which they are (and sounding better I might add though that is a personal opinion).

Both River and Rock100.5 have been pushing their playlists newer.

I don't think we will see a return of straight alt, AAA, or oldies/classic hits until one of the CHRs calls it quits. And that might take a while (except for 105.7), although we may get some clues in the September book.

Someone on the board personally told me that he heard from a good source within one of the big C's (not CC) that oldies may be coming back by October. I'll let him create that post though if he feels he can without getting the source in trouble or something. For the record, 97.9 is NOT a perm fix. Anybody in their right mind knows this.

acheron82 said:
Someone on the board personally told me that he heard from a good source within one of the big C's (not CC) that oldies may be coming back by October. I'll let him create that post though if he feels he can without getting the source in trouble or something. For the record, 97.9 is NOT a perm fix. Anybody in their right mind knows this.

If Oldies/Classic Hits DO come back which I hope they do, you can pretty much rule out any of the Cox stations as well as CBS. If it's not CC, then the only big C left would be Cumulus. Wondering if that may be what ends up on 97.9.

Oldies at 97.9 does make more sense than what is going on there now considering the current radio dial circumstances. I keep hearing that 97.9 serves the entire metro Atl area well, so that is better than nothing for now. Too bad 92.9 is being used for SPORTS instead of music!

Clear Channel has been launching a handful of Oldies and Classic Hits stations in the past couple of years. I say if anybody does it, it will be CC on 105.7.

If Cumulus planned on doing the format, they could have moved AGH To 97.9 right after 106.7 went all-news.

carolinaradio said:
Clear Channel has been launching a handful of Oldies and Classic Hits stations in the past couple of years. I say if anybody does it, it will be CC on 105.7.

If Cumulus planned on doing the format, they could have moved AGH To 97.9 right after 106.7 went all-news.

Last year CC flipped 93.3 in Columbus, OH to Oldies/Classic Hits right before Christmas and then switched to all Christmas music before bringing Oldies 93.3 back. The station has been doing very well in PPM.

A couple of months ago, CC killed Oldies/Classic Hits Majic 107.3 in Jacksonville, FL and it is now a JACK-FM format.

If the rumor is true, CC may start playing Oldies/Classic Hits in late October or early December before going All Christmas for the holidays if they are afraid that Cumulus will beat them to it.

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

I know this is just a "random thought"...but what if...CBS DOES FORMAT OLDIES ON 92.9? Sports is a ploy to throw EVERYBODY OFF! That would be very interesting...and, if true, fairly well done in keeping it a secret. ;D

Surfer said:
I know this is just a "random thought"...but what if...CBS DOES FORMAT OLDIES ON 92.9? Sports is a ploy to throw EVERYBODY OFF! That would be very interesting...and, if true, fairly well done in keeping it a secret. ;D

I'm sure the advertisers who are paying to be on the new sports channel would LOVE to be thrown off. ;D
Sure.

I was almost certain that the announced flip was more or less a ploy to drive listener-ship up. It worked with Coke...it worked with The Gap...and one would think that the normal reaction for people about to loose something would be to get as much time as they can before it's gone.

This morning, Steve Craig said he and Jeremy are "off to the beach" after it's over. So, I kind of figured it's still going through as planned

I'm thinking that next week will be interesting, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom