• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Linkin Park, Aerosmith & Green Day, LIVE on 96.1.....HHMMM??

Nah, it's just POWER running the iHeartRadio Music Festival. ::)

Confusing for both Project fans and new Power listeners, if you ask me. It's like how the startup WiLD was, all over again. Lol! Anyway, so does the festival also mark the end of 9600 songs in a row? Maybe this Monday the station will really open up with live jocks, spotloads, etc. Wonder who will voice local news/traffic cutaways during Elvis Duran. I hope there's a live afternoon and evening jock, at the very least.

Any thoughts?

:)

electroboy73 said:
Nah, it's just POWER running the iHeartRadio Music Festival. ::)

Confusing for both Project fans and new Power listeners, if you ask me. It's like how the startup WiLD was, all over again. Lol!

Any thoughts?

:)

Exactly what I was thinking. I only logged in to see if anyone else said anything. I wouldn't have said anything otherwise though. I still remember saying something about confusing new WiLD listeners last year at this time, but WiLD managed to survive. At least the festival is happening during the very EARLY stages of Power, unlike what happened to WiLD, which had a messed up playlist for an extended period of time before the festival, and then the festival dropped in around the time they were trying to repair the station.

At least the festival is also at night. When most people are awake and checking the dial, they'll find Power in a normal state.

It's a coincidence that the Festival is happening this weekend, but commercials on Power 96-1 do start on Monday. Live jocks are probably another story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom