• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1010 and 1550 Absent

HGR1290

Frequent Participant
This morning on my way to Atlanta I noted that both of these signals are off. 1010 WGUN has a transmitter issue. I wonder if 1550 gave up, or tx issues as well?

Explains this morning...I had to use the TuneIn app to listen...so I figured there was a transmitter issue.

secondchoice said:
Has either of these stations made it back yet? I have been too far North to listen.

No, they are probably dead. 1010 at least played some really good old soul a few months back, but then went to talk, dumb move again by the Rivers family.

BRENT said:
secondchoice said:
Has either of these stations made it back yet? I have been too far North to listen.

No, they are probably dead. 1010 at least played some really good old soul a few months back, but then went to talk, dumb move again by the Rivers family.

IIRC The rumor was 1010 was going to get 25 KW at night. I do not know any of the folks at this station but if they did secure a signal that covered the northern suburbs (Canton Cartersville, Gainesville) even in a FM market with the crappy ground conductivity AM around here, I could program it to make enough to keep the station viable.

1550 at one time was Class B but I guess they lost their tower site and had to downgrade. They should buy then move or shut down 1550 Augusta, Georgia and open up the signal to the East.

I was listening to Thom Hartman on 1010 with the TuneIn app the other day, though it was clearly a rebroadcast from Monday which seemed weird.

WAZX/1550 has been dropped from Radio-Locator, but WAZX/101.9 has not. However, WAZX/101.9 is currently off the air. This has happened before.

Couple of years ago 1550 was stunting 70's and 80's music. It sounded good until the Mexican music started.

There must be some major drama with 101.9. As I understand it, the full power xtr broke, money wasnt there to fix it and it was running off an exciter. ERP is now lower? Still plenty good enough to do business. But now its off again, I guess.

There'd be a pretty good line forming to buy this one. Myself at the front.

CompleteGame said:
There must be some major drama with 101.9. As I understand it, the full power xtr broke, money wasnt there to fix it and it was running off an exciter. ERP is now lower? Still plenty good enough to do business. But now its off again, I guess.

There'd be a pretty good line forming to buy this one. Myself at the front.

Y'all do realize that WAZX-FM 101.9 is operating from a new transmitter site, aren't you?

They have moved to Wauka Mountain which is the tallest peak near the White-Hall County line just a few miles west of Highway 129. Total ERP is only 350 watts but they are 1350 ft above terrain. A good move for the station as their total population count inside the primary 60 dBu contour went from 131,136 from the old tower site in eastern White County to 217,598 from the Wauka Mountain site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom