• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"I Cry" by Flo Rida

Are there any CHR stations that have this song in heavy rotation yet? I heard it on WKQI/95.5 in Detroit last weekend and fell in love with it instantly. I especially love the fact that he borrows from a great late-'80s song by Brenda Russell.

new_friends_gr said:
Are there any CHR stations that have this song in heavy rotation yet? I heard it on WKQI/95.5 in Detroit last weekend and fell in love with it instantly. I especially love the fact that he borrows from a great late-'80s song by Brenda Russell.

This is a rip off from Bingo Players called Cry Just A little. Either way, both songs are great but I prefer the Bingo Players version.

Heard this track on Kiss 106.1-Dallas.

They still use Bingo Players in mixshows here in Arizona. Not sure when they will start playing the Flo Rida version, but it seems like either I knew about it very early or it's taking an extremely long time for it to catch on.

Sirius/XM The Heat premiered it in their new music show last Friday, so I'm guessing this song must be just now on the verge of crossing to mainstream charts.

new_friends_gr said:
I am very in love with it as well. I love the hook.

"I Cry" is at #49 on the CHR chart. Not in heavy rotation (yet) but getting decent spins on WKQI, KHKS, WNWW, WNRW, WKTU, and KMVQ. This is a good follow up to #1 "Whistle" that will surely be another big top 10.

saradio1 said:
This is a rip off from Bingo Players called Cry Just A little. Either way, both songs are great but I prefer the Bingo Players version.

Flo Rida ripped off Bingo Players, and Bingo Players ripped off parts of Brenda Russell's 1988 hit, "Piano in the Dark". I love the Brenda Russell song but really like the covers too.

YUCK.

I sometimes cry at the thought that many people out there believe it is much better to add an unnecessary artist to an already good song.

It's catchy and will probably be a smash, but every time I hear it, I need to go back to listen to the original "Piano in the Dark" to cleanse my eardrums.

ChrisInMI said:
It's catchy and will probably be a smash, but every time I hear it, I need to go back to listen to the original "Piano in the Dark" to cleanse my eardrums.

No doubt. !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom