• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

eX99

If it puts out a high bitrate stream that's intune.com friendly (mobile) and can maintain a profit, I'll be listening.

G

So they're going the same route as last time they got ditched. Hope it works out for them. It got them an HD feed last time and eventually back on the airwaves. Unfortunately, for Atlanta alternative fans, I doubt it'll happen again. Ashame, sucks to be a fan of new rock in the ATL right now.

acheron82 said:
I don't believe this is affiliated with the original 99x.

No, it may not be directly affiliated with it but with a bunch of the station's original staff (Steve Barnes, Leslie Fram, Jimmy Baron), it's fairly obvious that it's an effort to bring some life back to the format.

From the article: "Although giving no timeline on how long the station will be on the air, he did say that he hopes to recapture aspects of what made 99X a powerhouse for almost a decade."

the old 99x is going to be a hard thing to recapture, I'm afraid. cool for nostalgia purposes, but they may as well try to obtain tapes of old 99x bumpers, morning X segments, the screaming velveeta lounge, etc.

awp69 said:
No, it may not be directly affiliated with it but with a bunch of the station's original staff (Steve Barnes, Leslie Fram, Jimmy Baron), it's fairly obvious that it's an effort to bring some life back to the format.

If you read that article again, some of that sounds like Barnes' wishful thinking. Leslie can't be involved in any notable capacity, given her CMT commitments. I wonder how much time any of the old staff would dedicate without some kind of real financial backing. (I'd gamble he's hoping to get things started and have somebody step in with money to make it "official".)

I think I an Atlanta Trolley business that gives grey haired fans in old yellowing 99X t-shirts would be more popular.

Maybe a ride around the non-exisitant Buckhead bar area talking about the old 99X DJ remote spots around town while playing the Marvelous 3, yeah that's it. No disrespect to Butch Walker, he learned to evolve.

I've popped in from time to time today trying to listen to this but I couldn't. Once they reach a certain (low) number of concurrent listeners, Live365 paywalls you.

Do you think they actually expect to make bank on Live365 "VIP membership" commissions?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom