• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

August 2012 ratings.

Matt8650

Frequent Participant
The ratings for August in Detroit just came out. 97.1 The Ticket blew past 99.5 with an 8.4. WYCD 7.2. WWJ is begining it's climb nearing a 6.0(5.9). 96.3 is back to #1 among the hit music crowd with a 4.6. How about WJR with a 4.4, and another month on the rise. WRIF is the first Greater Media rocker to show signs of ratings life with a 4.2, and back to where they usually are. The big surprises: 102.7 is once again outdrawing a radio station with a better signal. (have a guess). 'JLB is out of the top 10, and they are down to a 3.6. 95.5 went back to under a 4.0 share........BUT THEY ARE #1 IN THE CHR RACE. AMP Radio(98.7) went from a 4.3 and a 5.1 share down to a 3.4. That's nearly a 2 pt drop. What happened? Also, 106.7 The D looks locked in around 3.2-3.1, so there's no need to check them out in the next book. Your thoughts are welcomed.

Did not expect that big of a drop-off there for AMP. What REALLY happened? Somebody gotta look into that because there should be no way that AMP fell down almost 2 points in the ratings.

Can we just go ahead and lock The Ticket into the top three?

Perhaps a panel turnover brought in a PPM audience that was not Amp-friendly. Perhaps this month, more people just happened to flip the channels at different times (since there's more than enough CHR here) and those different times made an impact. Perhaps Amp has sent listeners back to 96.3 and 95.5.

@MattHollidayeOnAir: And that's before Lions season, Michigan-Michigan State football started. To answer your question, for the next few months, yes. I forgot to mention, TalkRadio 1270 hit a 1.1. Now, what they do won't be enough to save the format, but I will be interested to see how they do ratings wise these last few months. As for AMP, CBS Radio has to be a little dissapointed in how they have made significant changes at the station(new PD, new hosts), and they were only able to lead 95.5 for just a few months. 95.5 needs to keep the heat on AMP. Either this was a fluke or AMP may not be able to sustain momentum once they get it over 95.5.

chrocket87 said:
Perhaps a panel turnover brought in a PPM audience that was not Amp-friendly. Perhaps this month, more people just happened to flip the channels at different times (since there's more than enough CHR here) and those different times made an impact. Perhaps Amp has sent listeners back to 96.3 and 95.5.

You're right. There's way more than enough CHR to pass around here in the market (not as severe as Atlanta, but that's a different thread), and maybe people are flipping channels at an almost frequent rate. But to fall nearly two points? That gotta hurt even the hardcore of AMP fans...

Matt8650 said:
@MattHollidayeOnAir: And that's before Lions season, Michigan-Michigan State football started. To answer your question, for the next few months, yes. I forgot to mention, TalkRadio 1270 hit a 1.1. Now, what they do won't be enough to save the format, but I will be interested to see how they do ratings wise these last few months. As for AMP, CBS Radio has to be a little dissapointed in how they have made significant changes at the station(new PD, new hosts), and they were only able to lead 95.5 for just a few months. 95.5 needs to keep the heat on AMP. Either this was a fluke or AMP may not be able to sustain momentum once they get it over 95.5.

You can argue that it was a fluke, considering that all the changeover at AMP is (presumed) finished. Maybe Detroit doesn't like the new hosts on AMP (I kinda like Mikey V., but I'm only one person)....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom