• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will 99x Move to FULL SIGNAL 100.5?

ccinsider

Inactive
Inactive User
Now, without Dave or Project in town: Will 99x Alternative move to 100.5? I see a perfect oppurtunities here, Dickey/McVay.

Project may STILL be in town... the signal will not be comparable to 96.1's however. Rock 100.5 was launched in reaction to 96 Rock's merger with the Buzz, so 100.5 may go Alternative. However, 99x on 100.5 makes little sense.

They'd be stupid not to. No Dave and no Project (unless it moves to 105.3, which I expect) means 99x can have the 1990s-present rock all to itself.

BRENT said:
It could not have the 99X moniker on 100.5 that would be insanity.
Why do you say that? I haven't heard one complaint about the name 99x on 97.9 or 98.9. If the listeners had their music on a decent signal, I doubt anyone outside of radio geeks would care all that much. Granted, I wouldn't mind a name change like X100.5, but the 99x name holds enough water that listeners probably won't care if it's 99x at 100.5.

chrocket87 said:
BRENT said:
Why do you say that? I haven't heard one complaint about the name 99x on 97.9 or 98.9. If the listeners had their music on a decent signal, I doubt anyone outside of radio geeks would care all that much. Granted, I wouldn't mind a name change like X100.5, but the 99x name holds enough water that listeners probably won't care if it's 99x at 100.5.
And the calls would still be WNNX . . .

Here is a shocking thought...

Kill the 99X brand. It seems to me that by keeping the brand, but moving it around various signals, isn't going to help it establish. When I first heard 99X in the 90's, it was cutting edge and stood for something. Here we are now, 20 years later the brand is barely alive on a frequency that has no resemblance to the actual brand. Just a thought...

chrocket87 said:
BRENT said:

98.9 sure fits the 99X moniker more than 100.5

Project's dead. Somebody on another thread mentioned a meeting at Cumulus. August 30th, 2012 will be among the most historic days in modern (post-telecom) Atlanta Radio.

RBRadioWaves said:
Project's dead. Somebody on another thread mentioned a meeting at Cumulus. August 30th, 2012 will be among the most historic days in modern (post-telecom) Atlanta Radio.

And, May 29th (AN106.7, anybody!!!)

ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:

All News WAS historic, but it only affected one station immediately. We could see up to 5 signals change overnight!

RBRadioWaves said:
ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:

All News WAS historic, but it only affected one station immediately. We could see up to 5 signals change overnight!

96.1, 105.7, 98.9, 100.5, 105.3

ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:
ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:

You think CUMELESS is really going to do something??

If project is no more, I wounder if 100.5 will become active rock? Active/alternative hybrid similar to 105.7 the point in Sr. Louis. Wide playlist playing modern rock (active & alternative).

ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:
ccinsider said:
RBRadioWaves said:

Don't forget 96.7!

acheron82 said:
If project is no more, I wounder if 100.5 will become active rock? Active/alternative hybrid similar to 105.7 the point in Sr. Louis. Wide playlist playing modern rock (active & alternative).
Rock100.5 has already been playing more active/alt. Did Cumulus know something? If Project goes away completely (i.e., no return of 105.3 The Buzz), then expect 100.5 to move further away from classic rock and River.

This on Rock 100.5's facebook page around 11:30 this morning:

Rock 100.5 | Atlanta's Rock Station
Good things come to those who wait...we ARE Atlanta's Rock Station...about to kick things up a notch. Spread the word.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom