• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lincoln Financial Adds Miami FM

The trade press announced this morning that Lincoln Financial Media has purchased an FM move-in in the Miami market. According to CEO Don Benson, the new FM will simulcast the Sports-Talk format of WAXY-AM.

I wonder if this will quiet the longstanding rumor that Cumulus is about to buy LFM, or at the least Star 94.

If I was a betting person, the Lincoln Financial Media stations in Atlanta (94.1 and 790 AM) if sold in the next 5 years will go to CBS. With Dickey personally owning 680 + 1340 plus the Marietta 1230 in the Atlanta market, plus he counts on the Cumulus market station cap they Dickey + Cumulus are close to being "maxed out". Plus CBS has stated publicly they are only working the top markets.

secondchoice said:
If I was a betting person, the Lincoln Financial Media stations in Atlanta (94.1 and 790 AM) if sold in the next 5 years will go to CBS. With Dickey personally owning 680 + 1340 plus the Marietta 1230 in the Atlanta market, plus he counts on the Cumulus market station cap they Dickey + Cumulus are close to being "maxed out". Plus CBS has stated publicly they are only working the top markets.
Cumulus + Dickey could pick up either Quixie or Star, but not both, without letting something go (probably 1230 or 1340).

ccinsider said:
I don't think Star is worried about Power, yet. I think this is more of Q100's game.
But the whole hot AC to CHR mix has gotten crowded (B, Wild if it stays, Power, Q, and Star). I expect Wild to go away, and B98.5 to stay hot AC, but Star, Q, and Power will be a death match.

Now here's a question: If LFM finally sells Star to CC or CBS, would the new owner put a new format on the signal? I would guess "yes" in the case of CC and "probably not" in the case of CBS. CBS might be willing to pay more for the station as a going concern, vs. CC only wanting PPE+license.

I think Wild is safe and might even get a better signal. That is a bit of speculation but it is CC's best 6+ rated station and with a "young" targeted station like wild I would guess a lot of that 6+ is in money demo's. IMHO there is a lot of money in the sub 30 demos, both urban and non urban so I really do not see why Wild, Star, hot leaning AC 98.5, and Q100 not be profitable. If CBS gets 94.1 things could get very interesting. Would they change Star to "protect" V103. I personally do not think the V needs protection but are the Urban AC's belonging to Cox and Radio One chewing on V103's revenue?

secondchoice said:
I think Wild is safe and might even get a better signal.
If Wild goes urban that's even more reason for Patron and Wild to trade signals.

IMHO LFM is putting itself up for sale, and these moves will make it more attractive for whoever buys them most likely: CBS or Cumulus and that will have a major effect on Atlanta.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom