• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Article: Defections grow as more N. Koreans tune in to illegal radio broadcasts

I'm surprised N Korea doesn't have jammers on these frequencies like China's Firedrake jammers. You can hear China's jammers in the US on shortwave.

I believe N. Korea can't jam these broadcasts because the operation of the power grid is too erratic and they have trouble keeping existing stations on the air.

I believe power is on and plenty available in only one place North Korea, Pyongyang.

And only in certain areas. The Kim Mausoleum (to keep their bodies well chilled), the Juche Tower (the tower's torch light must always be lit) and the residences of the North Korean military and government elite.

Everyone else gets what they can.

This also helps when confiscating those naughty smuggled South Korean DVDs. They shut the power off and go from apartment to apartment, looking for DVDs stuck in the machines. If you're caught with one, you and your entire family are off to the prison camps.

So they're using USB sticks and MicroSD cards almost exclusively now I hear.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom