• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I called it

agentUrge said:
jabba17 said:
It's easy to flip to a music format without announcing it beforehand, and then run 10,000 songs commercial free while your sales weasels and headhunters do their thing. Live spoken word, not so much.

I see....so this may be SOP for a music station that's flipping to talk.

So...I understand the whole non-compete clause but how does it apply to something like this..or does it at all? Can we expect to hear Margo and Steve elsewhere in Atlanta any time soon?

I not a lawyer and this is not legal advise: Just personal experience in another right to work state. GA is a right to work state, which in a lot of cases will allow you to work anywhere. But if the severance package has at least what the unemployment benefits amount of money for the time of the non compete: the non compete is enforceable. If a company lays you off with no severance money for the time of the non compete, and you find a job with a another station, the state will back your right to work in court. Besides filing unemployment against an employer will raise the rate of unemployment tax the employer pays. It is cheaper for the employer to let employees find work as soon as possible. I do not know the terms of Margo and Steve's contracts, but I bet they were taken care of financially for the non compete's time to keep them of the air.

I'm just wondering what's typical for the atlanta radio market. Seems like most of the folks whom get fired are off the air in atlanta for 12 months or so and then they reappear on another station..or end up in a different market within a couple of months.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom