• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

the afterglow of kicking off your workday the right way ...

caller10

Star Participant
As you go down the halls at work this afternoon, do you see the look of awe and wonderment on your co-workers' faces? Why that's the afterglow of starting one's workday with B98.5 FM's "Workday Kickoff"! It's over ninety-eight minutes of music starting every weekday morning at nine, and it not only "kicks off" your morning, but sustains you all day! B98.5 plays music, and you like music! Great!

caller10 said:
I'm in the dentist chair right now listening to B98.5!

Good, hope he pulls all your teeth out....I hope you have afterglow after that. I have more afterglow in the morning throwing up from being hung over more than listening to that station.

caller10 said:
And they have "White Lightning" by the Babys on heavy rotation.

taylorengineer said:
B98.5 is like getting nitrous oxide.....and the dentist forgot to turn on the oxygen!

I'm not sure if it was nitrous oxide, but it was whatever was known as laughing gas. When I lived in Manhattan, my dentist was on Central Park West and 72nd St, and I worked on 6th Ave about 2 blocks below Central Park. The dentist would give me laughing gas at an early morning appointment. And the walk after the appointment through Central Park to work was absolutely wonderful.

BRENT said:
caller10 said:

Good, hope he pulls all your teeth out....I hope you have afterglow after that. I have more afterglow in the morning throwing up from being hung over more than listening to that station.

That's a bit nasty, brent. I don't exactly know about the rules of this board, but that could get you a few days suspension.

RBRadioWaves said:
BRENT said:
caller10 said:

That's a bit nasty, brent. I don't exactly know about the rules of this board, but that could get you a few days suspension.

Thanks for your concern. Where do we live in North Korea????

BRENT said:
RBRadioWaves said:
BRENT said:
caller10 said:

RBRadioWaves thanks for your concern. I'm sure Brent is a good guy, and I waive my rights for anyone to be suspended. I was a DXer myself and the world should only be so lucky to have (like WRNO Worldwide once did) B98.5 FM to be broadcast all over the world on shortwave! Remember, it's nine o'clock somewhere:

The sun is up and that old clock,
is movin' slow, and so am I.
Work day starts like ninety-eight minutes of music
in winter time, but it's July.

I am sure you are a good guy too. But why in the world do you promote this lame station? Do you work there?

RoddyFreeman said:
taylorengineer said:
B98.5 is like getting nitrous oxide.....and the dentist forgot to turn on the oxygen!

I'm not sure if it was nitrous oxide, but it was whatever was known as laughing gas. When I lived in Manhattan, my dentist was on Central Park West and 72nd St, and I worked on 6th Ave about 2 blocks below Central Park. The dentist would give me laughing gas at an early morning appointment. And the walk after the appointment through Central Park to work was absolutely wonderful.

My dentist uses nitrous, too. (He can't stand to hear me whine like a baby.) But I'm one unhappy camper when the gas is turned off and I go to straight oxygen. I always leave his office in a bad mood.
It's kinda' the way I feel after listening to 98.5.........

BRENT said:
I am sure you are a good guy too. But why in the world do you promote this lame station? Do you work there?
Perhaps he actually likes it. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean no one else can. Get over your sour grapes about nobody wanting to put oldies on the dial, buy an iPod, and enjoy your oldies. It's not like a commercial oldies station is gonna play something you haven't already heard.

chrocket87 said:
BRENT said:
Perhaps he actually likes it. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean no one else can. Get over your sour grapes about nobody wanting to put oldies on the dial, buy an iPod, and enjoy your oldies. It's not like a commercial oldies station is gonna play something you haven't already heard.

I agree, but yes, I am cheap. I just got hit with a 400 dollar bill from At&t even though I have an unlimited plan, I overused my data. Good radio should be FREE................

BRENT said:

I miss the good ole days of Radio Moscow all day long on 25 meters. It was the most propaganda for your workday!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom