• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLEZ

Say a "For Sale" sign on the Weathervision Building (Old WJXN Studio & Historic Tower sight) on I-55 @ Fortification, is St.Pe's facility moving ?

I didn't realize WLEZ and the Weather operation were related, and even though I saw that building a million times as I drove down I-55, I thought it was just an office or the studios of whatever AM station's tower was there.

Buried in the middle of that building is a little Jim Walter house that was once WJXN AM. I believe the WJXN letters are still on the tower. They've added so much to that building that it in completly unrecognizable. WJXN went silent several years after Edward St. Pe bought the station and he added the weather network.

X-Broadcaster said:
What a great Job Bert Case did on that feature story on WLBT.
I'm still wondering if there will be a new WLEZ tower sight ???

Yes - FCC indicates WLEZ will move their xmtr site to Jackson State University.

RFB

It's been perhaps 30 years since I've been back to Jackson. WJXN gave me my start in broadcasting in 1965. The tower is still there? (I was once told that WJXN started out in the Deposit Guaranty Bank building before move to the "Radio Ranch" on Foley Street. Anyone know anything about that?)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom