• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRTM to Jackson

Don't know, but another rimshot is just what the doctor did not order. Carl is apparently a good operator, and this should be interesting to observe...JBI

Carl told me week before last that he was shooting for fourth quarter of this year. He has run into some issues getting things situatated in Madison County. I hate to see him leave Vicksburg, I use his station for both of my business ventures and always get good results. And as a former radio guy,he and Marty are always a pleasure to do business with.

I only met him once...at the old WOKJ on Lynch...and I wish him luck...I have a feeling he will need it...JBI

Texasbrave said:
WWCV was delected because of problems it would have caused for WRTM.

Hey all -

The FCC would have accepted WWCV-LP on a different channel, and it was not deleted because of WRTM-FM (though WRTM-FM would have eventually forced a channel change for WWCV-LP).

The licensed was cancelled for failure to renew the license, among other reasons:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=31079

The licensee (the Canton CVB) denied any knowledge of the station, despite the CVB director's (JoAnn Gordon) signature clearly appearing on the one of the original application's engineering exhibits. Anyway, the FCC came calling to inspect the station last year after an anonymous tipster (was not I) told them that the owner of WMGO 1370 AM was running WWCV-LP out of his studio. The inspectors found that this was the case, and ordered WWCV to be shut down on the spot. The Canton CVB quickly found out about it, and fearing an FCC fine, decided to deny any knowledge of the radio station.

The moral of the story: if you would like to purchase some LPFM equipment on the cheap, then I know a guy who would be willing to sell...

--- Casual Observer

I always thought it was odd that WWCV was being run from the WMGO studios… and it wasn't me who reported it, either. ;)

The RDS even mentioned WMGO at one time, that's when I knew something was fishy in Madison County.

seems like that RDS was advertising for people to listen to WMGO. I only heard the FM stations a few times but was playing some pretty good oldies. But if you driving you could only listen to maybe one or 2 songs before it faded out.

Could I talk to you about this post when you have a chance?

My number is 601-980-1234.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom