• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

looking for 26.110 FM reception reports....

jammerdave

Leading Participant
Got a 100 watt IFB running on 26.110 FM. It ID's "KMK 282". Audio might be anything... Still testing coverage and stuff. It's up 24/7.. Lemme know if you hear it out there... I figured the hams on here might have an HF rig capable of receiving this. Ya never know where it might be heard, with that part of the spectrum picking up with DX....

Thanks!
Dave Fortenberry
KOVR/KMAX Sacramento
ARS NA6DF

Dave,
With your permission I'll cross post this to our local ham club reflector here in Las Vegas. I'll suggest they record it if they hear it and email the recording to me. I'll forward to you. I'll try to catch it myself.
Bill

Dave, I used to listen to KABC years ago as a kid on shortwave, somewhere around this frequency. Ten meters has recently been open to the west at times, so I'll tune in the next time I get in the shack. I didn't know any of these were in use any more, what with microwave point-to-point, etc.

73, Bud, KC4HGH
Satsuma, AL

Thanks, folks! Reports are more for making me grin a bit! ;D
No problem in reposting my request, just like to know how it's performing. I suspect we have a null in the signal to the N, as the antenna is side mounted on our large studio tower. It's also a good indicator of band openings. I don't know how many times I haven't heard a peep on 10, and found that 11 was really hopping. Lack of ops, I guess.

Dave NA6DF

Nothing but noise on my recently-acquired PRO-2004. (I'm assuming it's *narrowband* FM, correct?) I'm probably right in the null, being where I am.

Years ago, KGON used to have a service around this frequency, that I used to listen to when I was in high school. Started out as an IFB, but eventually transformed into a "radio station-like" service playing a heavily reggae-oriented format. Sure turned quite a few of my fellow EHS Plainsmen on to shortwave, for a time! ;o)

"Darth, the header states FM, which is as per FCC R & Rs."

Duh, it's right in front of me. Don't know why I even asked. (Probably the heat/humidity.)

Hey, Darth, the PRO-2004, et. al. has low sensitivity for DX, unless you're pretty close to the station you're wanting to monitor. A decent (but not expensive) analog shortwave receiver would do much better. If all you have is AM/SSB/CW and not FM, all you have to do is "slope detect" the FM signal in AM mode. In other words, go to the center frequency, then tune off slightly and the FM will come through- not FM quality, mind you, but good enough you can hear what's going on.

Yes, it should be narrow-band; set the SW receiver on "wide" filter (10 to 12 kHz) and all should be OK. Wideband signal settings, the signal would be pretty hard to detect....

Bud

OK, as of a couple of weeks ago, the test phase is over, and now it is used on an as needed basis. We have a special output on our IFB system just for that, and the transmitter is now VOX controlled via that output.

Thanks all!

df

Bud50 said:
Hey, Darth, the PRO-2004, et. al. has low sensitivity for DX, unless you're pretty close to the station you're wanting to monitor. A decent (but not expensive) analog shortwave receiver would do much better. If all you have is AM/SSB/CW and not FM, all you have to do is "slope detect" the FM signal in AM mode. In other words, go to the center frequency, then tune off slightly and the FM will come through- not FM quality, mind you, but good enough you can hear what's going on.

Yes, it should be narrow-band; set the SW receiver on "wide" filter (10 to 12 kHz) and all should be OK. Wideband signal settings, the signal would be pretty hard to detect....

Bud

another report...

Just got another reception report, along with an audio clip on my 26.11 IFB transmitter. From Russia! The weird thing is, it was about 8am pacific (our time zone) Cool...

Had the IDer fail, so installed another. Listen out for KMK282...

dave

QUOTE=jammerdave;5722178]Cool! Thanks for the report!

df[/QUOTE]

You guys still running this thing? I'm thinking of hitting Global Tuners one of these weekends when I actually have a couple of spare hours.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom