• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic Country years

If you're going to play something by Webb Pierce, it's probably not best to follow it with Kitty Wells.

In the morning I heard Hank Jr., then a commercial break, then Hank Sr., then a song about Hank (probably Sr.).

I think someone's obsessed.

I heard Webb Pierce again yesterday but don't remember the name of the song.

I heard what I thought was Hank Williams but it turned out to be Carl Smith, and the song was from 1952. That's all I remember. The DJ went on to tell us a lot about Carl Smith. I had never heard of the man. The song was good, but most classic country stations should probably not play a song like this unless it's by Hank. It really sounds off-the-wall if you're playing mostly newer stuff.

I found it curious that I was hearing commercials for a Lady Antebellum concert. Even worse was one for Jason Aldean. They were giving away tickets to Jason Aldean. I didn't understand that because WBRF doesn't eve play him.

Then I heard someone say listen for the Jason Aldean song of the day on the morning show. Seriously? I thought they had done away with that new garbage. You never hear anything new at the times when I listen, except maybe Outlaw Drive at 5.

I discovered "I'm Already There" by Lonestar is from 2001.

Classic Hit Country shouldn't be playing it anyway because it's just not country, but they don't play newer songs.

I discovered "I'm Already There" by Lonestar is from 2001.

Classic Hit Country shouldn't be playing it anyway because it's just not country, but they don't play newer songs.
Real Country Music doesn't have to be old. Ray Scott for example in 2011 She Don't Like My Hind Of Music althou Nashville doesn't want to back it their are a lot of country performers that still want to produce true country music but with the pressure from record labels, promoters, contract mangers, Nashville ect... unless they have a whole lot of backbone they rarely get the chance so we end up with crapy sounding country music mix that is passed off as country music but has no backbone, real heart, or feeling and therefore sales quickly (the in thing) and disappears just as quickly.

I think that like Classic Rock or Golden Oldies the music gets closer to our current decade as more people enter their "golden years". Even to someone who grew up in a home where the Grand Ole Opry was a Saturday night staple and people like Red Foley, Roy Acuff, Eddy Arnold, and Jim Reeves as well as Kitty Wells still trod the boards of the Ryman my idea of classic country would be different than someone growing up in the "Urban Cowboy" years.

Horror of horrors someday, long after I've departed this world, Taylor Swift will be considered classic as well as Colt Ford. :(

Sad but true, some of the worst will get in and can Billy Ray Virus classic country be far away

Apparantly everyone thinks Classic Country is 80's 90's, to me its 1954 to 1974 which you hardly hear anymore there are a few Classic Country formats on the net that still play the real CC. One I always listen to is..http://www.hpr.org/listen/hpr1.html, great stuff...this is what a Classic Country station should sound like even if its on AM.

I heard a good song by Neal McCoy "The City Put the Country Back in Me" the other day on WBRF. The DJ said it was from 1994. The same station plays Hank Sr. almost every time I listen. They have a wide range of music. It sounds great.

Clear Channel seems to think anything they decide to play is Classic Country. They are currently playing "I'm Still a Guy" from 2007 on the classic country station here and calling it Classic Country. And they play it several times a day because their playlist is so terribly small. It will never leave rotation because they never alter the format. I think they have updated the playlist like twice since it went on the air here 4 years ago.

I don't know anyone who still listens to their sad excuse for a country station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom