• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need Help: My Giveaway Tickets Were Sold by the Radio Station

mw0604

Inactive
Inactive User
This is my first time on the board and so I hope I'm in the right board topic.

I have a question about something that doesn't quite sit right with me. I'm promoting a band who will be giving a local concert. The radio station owed my some "make-good" spots from a previous buy so I asked if they would run spots for this concert. They said they would and asked if I had tickets to give them for on-air giveaways. I gave them some tickets to give away and the next thing I know is they are selling them to listeners at a discounted rate. I know radio stations have very strict rules about on-air giveaways. Should I file a complaint?

It sounds like the station was being rather unscrupulous in this instance. I say go for it. The worst that could happen is that they'll never work with you again... Have you spoken the the general manager? That would the first step...

Yuck. Paraphrasing "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids," that station's just like school in the summer - they got no class. :D

Gotta pick your battles, praying it goes well for you. I wonder about the legalities of this. Did the station take the money, or did some unscrupulous staffer pocket the cash?

For next time, maybe you could:
  • Either have a written contract with the station that they sign, which says the tickets are "for giveaway only."
  • Or get a red rubber stamp saying something like "not to be sold, for promotional giveaway purposes only" and stamp each ticket in ink.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom