Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    It's plug-and-play, but not fed live by satellite. They send out voice tracks, music is on local hard drive. I'm sure it can be modified by the local station, but we're running it as programmed by Westwood One. It uses the Storq system like the old Waitt Radio Network formats, which are now all a part of Westwood One.
    OK, all we have here is a difference in terminology. What I mean is that you don't plug into a satellite receiver and let it rip. There is a certain amount of local intervention, including the ability to have flexible stopset lengths, which satellite services can not do.

I'm good friends with the programmer of Juan, and it is intended to be customizable to whatever extent the station wants.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Juan is a great variety format. Jose Santos does a great job keeping it current and relevant. I would also give it a thumbs up.

I just got an e-mail yesterday from Bill Garcia of Liberman. His company is launching "La Ranchera" (presumably a format for upper demos from rural areas of Mexico), that will be anchored by Humberto Luna. Here's the link that was included:

http://laranchera.estrellatv.com/locutores/

Mi guess is that they are streaming via Comrex Bric.

Quote Originally Posted by elchupacabras View Post
    Juan is a great variety format. Jose Santos does a great job keeping it current and relevant. I would also give it a thumbs up.
    José is one of the good guys. I worked with him for many years at HBC, at WOJO, Amor in Las Vegas and at K-Love in LA and he's bright and hard working and a great person.

I just got an e-mail yesterday from Bill Garcia of Liberman. His company is launching "La Ranchera" (presumably a format for upper demos from rural areas of Mexico), that will be anchored by Humberto Luna.
    I did not know they planned to syndicate the Ranchera format. So far, all it is is the same format they had for a decade and a half in LA on KHJ which they moved to the Class A FM in Orange County, KWIZ, when they sold the AM. It did better on AM.
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

There used to be a station out of California (now Deportes), KCVR 1570 in Lodi, that had a format (at least I think it was a format) called "Maria". They played what I believe is 'romantica' music. Was that a syndicated format, or was it just the station's own slogan?

Quote Originally Posted by boombox4 View Post
    There used to be a station out of California (now Deportes), KCVR 1570 in Lodi, that had a format (at least I think it was a format) called "Maria". They played what I believe is 'romantica' music. Was that a syndicated format, or was it just the station's own slogan?
    I recall that "María" was just Amador Bustos' Z-Spanish Network's version of the format originated at KRCD in LA in 2000. It's classified as "Spanish Adult Hits" generically, and is a blend of softer regional Mexican, grupera and ballads from the 70's to the 2000's. Bustos had the format on a couple of the Z Spanish stations.

Thanks for the information, Mr. Eduardo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12