Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats

Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats

Are there any 24/7 Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats available? I used to get several emails about services like these and when I am interested, I cannot locate one through searching the web.

Names and links appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats

JUAN RADIO - (SparkNet / Dial Global)
    http://juanradio.co
    (661) 993-5701 (Jose Santos) / (615) 426-0885 (Garry Wall)

KE PADRE RADIO
    http://www.kepadreradio.com
    (831) 754-1219

* Not sure if Adelante Media is still offering La Gran D for syndication, but Jose Santos (from the Juan link above) can also clarify that for you.

Juan is a jockless "Jack FM" type format. Ke Padre is a 24 hour network, but they don't seem to be very successful.

If I were doing this I would put Univision's Piolin or SBS's El Mandril in the morning (syndicated by Entravision), and run JUAN the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiofornia

* Not sure if Adelante Media is still offering La Gran D for syndication, but Jose Santos (from the Juan link above) can also clarify that for you.
    José is not associated with Adelante.

"Ke Padre is a 24 hour network, but they don't seem to be very successful."

Ke Padre is mostly a vehicle for the Alex Lucas morning show, which has been enormously successful, particularly in diary markets. It also includes a very successful midday show; Entravision takes the show in quite a few markets.

"If I were doing this I would put Univision's Piolin or SBS's El Mandril in the morning (syndicated by Entravision), and run JUAN the rest of the day."

Univision does not syndicate the Piolín show.

[/quote]
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

For information on La GranD, call Karli Hurtzig at Adelante Media Group. (916) 368-6300.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiofornia

Univision does not syndicate the Piolín show.
    So does another company syndicate Piolin? Or perhaps his own company? Or is the show no longer available for syndication?

Bumping an old thread but here are some of the network operating now:

En Vivo (Westwood One) - En Vivo is an open format mix of music featuring a variety of genres. Music includes Spanish pop, tropical, regional Mexican, top 40 English and Latin alternative.

Fierro (Westwood One) - Regional Mexican, based at La Grande 107.5 in Dallas.

Juan FM (Westwood One) - Variety Hits similar to Jack FM but with Spanish language music. Hits from ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, and some 2000s.

Ke Padre - Spanish language hits from the 80's, 90's, through today.

There are also a few other networks like Exa FM and La Mejor but I don't think they are a plug and play 24/7 network.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    Bumping an old thread but here are some of the network operating now:

En Vivo (Westwood One) - En Vivo is an open format mix of music featuring a variety of genres. Music includes Spanish pop, tropical, regional Mexican, top 40 English and Latin alternative.

Fierro (Westwood One) - Regional Mexican, based at La Grande 107.5 in Dallas.

Juan FM (Westwood One) - Variety Hits similar to Jack FM but with Spanish language music. Hits from ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, and some 2000s.

Ke Padre - Spanish language hits from the 80's, 90's, through today.

There are also a few other networks like Exa FM and La Mejor but I don't think they are a plug and play 24/7 network.
    Juan is not a plug an play, IIRC. It is a consultant-set-up format that plays locally.

Fierro was a non-starter. I don't think it ever even got up and running.

En Vivo, which I had never heard of appears to be a short-form show.

KePadre is music of the 60's through about 2010, comparable to Juan.

There are quite a few morning and afternoon shows in syndication, including Piolín, Don Cheto, Raúl Brindis, El Bueno La Mala y El Feo and Erasno & La Chokolata.
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

There is at least one Fierro: http://www.fierro1061.com/

The information for the Westwood One formats was taken from here: http://www.westwoodone.com/PROGRAMMING/Formats/Hispanic

Another one I just spotted: SBS's Aire network

La Raza 24-7 Format, Tropical Format, Latino Pop A/C Format

http://www.aireradionetworks.com/formats/

Did Liberman ever have an 24/7 radio network? When working with their TV network I remember hearing a radio channel on one of their satellite feeds. Perhaps it was just distributing their morning and/or afternoon show.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    There is at least one Fierro: http://www.fierro1061.com/
    That's a local station in Midland, TX. It has the Cucuy de la Mañana morning show, which is not syndicated by Westwood.

The information for the Westwood One formats was taken from here: http://www.westwoodone.com/PROGRAMMING/Formats/Hispanic
    All of those look to be formats like Jack in the major markets... a structured format with music selection but run at the local station. Juan is definitely a "build your own with our structure and music lists" format. Juan is on a number of stations; I do not think the others are on anywhere.

Another one I just spotted: SBS's Aire network
    They are a non-wired network providing programs (short form) to stations, not formats.

La Raza 24-7 Format, Tropical Format, Latino Pop A/C Format
    They may be offering, but I don't believe they have any affiliates.

Did Liberman ever have an 24/7 radio network?
    No.

When working with their TV network I remember hearing a radio channel on one of their satellite feeds. Perhaps it was just distributing their morning and/or afternoon show.
    That is all it ever was... program distribution.

The trend is away from satellite. Formats and shows are increasingly delivered the way the Seacrest show is distributed, in bits and pieces that can be scheduled differently in each market along with locally programmed music, news/information/service elements and such. It's all Internet based.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Juan is not a plug an play, IIRC. It is a consultant-set-up format that plays locally.

It's plug-and-play, but not fed live by satellite. They send out voice tracks, music is on local hard drive. I'm sure it can be modified by the local station, but we're running it as programmed by Westwood One. It uses the Storq system like the old Waitt Radio Network formats, which are now all a part of Westwood One.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast