• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats

propagation

Inactive
Inactive User
Are there any 24/7 Syndicated Hispanic Radio Formats available? I used to get several emails about services like these and when I am interested, I cannot locate one through searching the web.

Names and links appreciated. Thanks.

JUAN RADIO - (SparkNet / Dial Global)
http://juanradio.co
(661) 993-5701 (Jose Santos) / (615) 426-0885 (Garry Wall)

KE PADRE RADIO
http://www.kepadreradio.com
(831) 754-1219

* Not sure if Adelante Media is still offering La Gran D for syndication, but Jose Santos (from the Juan link above) can also clarify that for you.

Juan is a jockless "Jack FM" type format. Ke Padre is a 24 hour network, but they don't seem to be very successful.

If I were doing this I would put Univision's Piolin or SBS's El Mandril in the morning (syndicated by Entravision), and run JUAN the rest of the day.

Radiofornia said:
* Not sure if Adelante Media is still offering La Gran D for syndication, but Jose Santos (from the Juan link above) can also clarify that for you.

José is not associated with Adelante.

"Ke Padre is a 24 hour network, but they don't seem to be very successful."

Ke Padre is mostly a vehicle for the Alex Lucas morning show, which has been enormously successful, particularly in diary markets. It also includes a very successful midday show; Entravision takes the show in quite a few markets.

"If I were doing this I would put Univision's Piolin or SBS's El Mandril in the morning (syndicated by Entravision), and run JUAN the rest of the day."

Univision does not syndicate the Piolín show.

[/quote]

Bumping an old thread but here are some of the network operating now:

En Vivo (Westwood One) - En Vivo is an open format mix of music featuring a variety of genres. Music includes Spanish pop, tropical, regional Mexican, top 40 English and Latin alternative.

Fierro (Westwood One) - Regional Mexican, based at La Grande 107.5 in Dallas.

Juan FM (Westwood One) - Variety Hits similar to Jack FM but with Spanish language music. Hits from ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, and some 2000s.

Ke Padre - Spanish language hits from the 80's, 90's, through today.

There are also a few other networks like Exa FM and La Mejor but I don't think they are a plug and play 24/7 network.

Bumping an old thread but here are some of the network operating now:

En Vivo (Westwood One) - En Vivo is an open format mix of music featuring a variety of genres. Music includes Spanish pop, tropical, regional Mexican, top 40 English and Latin alternative.

Fierro (Westwood One) - Regional Mexican, based at La Grande 107.5 in Dallas.

Juan FM (Westwood One) - Variety Hits similar to Jack FM but with Spanish language music. Hits from ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, and some 2000s.

Ke Padre - Spanish language hits from the 80's, 90's, through today.

There are also a few other networks like Exa FM and La Mejor but I don't think they are a plug and play 24/7 network.

Juan is not a plug an play, IIRC. It is a consultant-set-up format that plays locally.

Fierro was a non-starter. I don't think it ever even got up and running.

En Vivo, which I had never heard of appears to be a short-form show.

KePadre is music of the 60's through about 2010, comparable to Juan.

There are quite a few morning and afternoon shows in syndication, including Piolín, Don Cheto, Raúl Brindis, El Bueno La Mala y El Feo and Erasno & La Chokolata.

There is at least one Fierro: http://www.fierro1061.com/

The information for the Westwood One formats was taken from here: http://www.westwoodone.com/PROGRAMMING/Formats/Hispanic

Another one I just spotted: SBS's Aire network

La Raza 24-7 Format, Tropical Format, Latino Pop A/C Format

http://www.aireradionetworks.com/formats/

Did Liberman ever have an 24/7 radio network? When working with their TV network I remember hearing a radio channel on one of their satellite feeds. Perhaps it was just distributing their morning and/or afternoon show.

There is at least one Fierro: http://www.fierro1061.com/

That's a local station in Midland, TX. It has the Cucuy de la Mañana morning show, which is not syndicated by Westwood.

The information for the Westwood One formats was taken from here: http://www.westwoodone.com/PROGRAMMING/Formats/Hispanic

All of those look to be formats like Jack in the major markets... a structured format with music selection but run at the local station. Juan is definitely a "build your own with our structure and music lists" format. Juan is on a number of stations; I do not think the others are on anywhere.

Another one I just spotted: SBS's Aire network

They are a non-wired network providing programs (short form) to stations, not formats.

La Raza 24-7 Format, Tropical Format, Latino Pop A/C Format

They may be offering, but I don't believe they have any affiliates.

Did Liberman ever have an 24/7 radio network?

No.

When working with their TV network I remember hearing a radio channel on one of their satellite feeds. Perhaps it was just distributing their morning and/or afternoon show.

That is all it ever was... program distribution.

The trend is away from satellite. Formats and shows are increasingly delivered the way the Seacrest show is distributed, in bits and pieces that can be scheduled differently in each market along with locally programmed music, news/information/service elements and such. It's all Internet based.

Juan is not a plug an play, IIRC. It is a consultant-set-up format that plays locally.

It's plug-and-play, but not fed live by satellite. They send out voice tracks, music is on local hard drive. I'm sure it can be modified by the local station, but we're running it as programmed by Westwood One. It uses the Storq system like the old Waitt Radio Network formats, which are now all a part of Westwood One.

It's plug-and-play, but not fed live by satellite. They send out voice tracks, music is on local hard drive. I'm sure it can be modified by the local station, but we're running it as programmed by Westwood One. It uses the Storq system like the old Waitt Radio Network formats, which are now all a part of Westwood One.

OK, all we have here is a difference in terminology. What I mean is that you don't plug into a satellite receiver and let it rip. There is a certain amount of local intervention, including the ability to have flexible stopset lengths, which satellite services can not do.

I'm good friends with the programmer of Juan, and it is intended to be customizable to whatever extent the station wants.

Juan is a great variety format. Jose Santos does a great job keeping it current and relevant. I would also give it a thumbs up.

I just got an e-mail yesterday from Bill Garcia of Liberman. His company is launching "La Ranchera" (presumably a format for upper demos from rural areas of Mexico), that will be anchored by Humberto Luna. Here's the link that was included:

http://laranchera.estrellatv.com/locutores/

Mi guess is that they are streaming via Comrex Bric.

Juan is a great variety format. Jose Santos does a great job keeping it current and relevant. I would also give it a thumbs up.

José is one of the good guys. I worked with him for many years at HBC, at WOJO, Amor in Las Vegas and at K-Love in LA and he's bright and hard working and a great person.

I just got an e-mail yesterday from Bill Garcia of Liberman. His company is launching "La Ranchera" (presumably a format for upper demos from rural areas of Mexico), that will be anchored by Humberto Luna.

I did not know they planned to syndicate the Ranchera format. So far, all it is is the same format they had for a decade and a half in LA on KHJ which they moved to the Class A FM in Orange County, KWIZ, when they sold the AM. It did better on AM.

There used to be a station out of California (now Deportes), KCVR 1570 in Lodi, that had a format (at least I think it was a format) called "Maria". They played what I believe is 'romantica' music. Was that a syndicated format, or was it just the station's own slogan?

There used to be a station out of California (now Deportes), KCVR 1570 in Lodi, that had a format (at least I think it was a format) called "Maria". They played what I believe is 'romantica' music. Was that a syndicated format, or was it just the station's own slogan?

I recall that "María" was just Amador Bustos' Z-Spanish Network's version of the format originated at KRCD in LA in 2000. It's classified as "Spanish Adult Hits" generically, and is a blend of softer regional Mexican, grupera and ballads from the 70's to the 2000's. Bustos had the format on a couple of the Z Spanish stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom