• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I-25 Radio

oldies76

Star Participant
Great selection of oldies and classic hits can now be heard on 690 Pueblo, 1530 Colorado Springs and 100.3 Pueblo. Hopefully an FM will pop up here in Colorado Springs, as the signal from Pueblo is very weak.

Signal strength is from Raton, NM to Monument, CO along the I-25.

What you will likely get is KXKL 105.1 out of Denver but that won't be until you get north of Monument Hill though (Even then, you'll encounter interference from NewsChannel 105.5 though)

Cheers ;D

Pat Cook said:
What you will likely get is KXKL 105.1 out of Denver but that won't be until you get north of Monument Hill though (Even then, you'll encounter interference from NewsChannel 105.5 though)

Cheers ;D

I can get 105.1 in the Springs, just in certain locations, mainly static in other areas though.

Also can't figure out as to why "Tron in the Morning" is broadcast on KCMN 1530 on some mornings, but not others. Other mornings, especially after 12 noon the signal from 690 KWRP is played on 1530, instead of 1530 programming. The oldies music selection from 1530 is more in depth, than 690's.

I know 1530 is part of the I-25 Radio network, but on many days you'll get soley 1530's material.

690 no longer plays oldies. (sports radio, I believe).

1530 in Colorado Springs and 94.7 in Pueblo have taken the I-25 radio format. Good selection of 60s and 70's music here.

I remember when 1530 played an Adult Standards format before joining the I-25 Radio Network. They were known as Legends 1530 KCMN.

Strong rumors circulating that Mike Knar's SOCO radio is taking over all of pueblo radio and the I 25 guys.

That's a parked domain with no website.

Interesting, that website used to be active. But try to explain this: From Wikipedia and clicking "listen live" on the right hand column, you'll get a stream with classic hits from that network, but listening in the car / home on 1530, the music is totally different. It's still classic hits, but not the same feed. And they are both ID themselves as the I-25 Radio Network. Totally automated, no live talent lately. Any suggestions here?

It's a great station to listen to, but it's hanging by a thread it seems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KCMN

And they are both ID themselves as the I-25 Radio Network. Totally automated, no live talent lately. Any suggestions here?

No idea, unless some past staff member has recreated the station online only.

It's a great station to listen to, but it's hanging by a thread it seems.

It has low revenue, and ratings are dismal. I believe I saw in one of the industry newsletters that the station group was for sale.

AM 690 has returned as Cruisin' oldies with morning personalities, also on 100.3 from Pueblo. Great songs from mainly the 60's and 70's.

1530 is just airing automated format as I-25 radio, hits from the 60's and 70's, similar to 690's feed.

1530 is just airing automated format as I-25 radio, hits from the 60's and 70's, similar to 690's feed.

1530 was just sold for $200 k to another broadcaster. The unsuccessful format will likely change.

What's left of the I-25 radio network has reached Las Cruces, NM, i.e. the end. It's zombie automation: I heard a promo yesterday on 1530 for Nick Donovan mornings on 690, and he hasn't been with them for a year or two.

KCMN sale I believe is one between old friends. It's scheduled to get an FM translator on 99.3, reports coloradomedia.net

I heard a promo yesterday on 1530 for Nick Donovan mornings on 690, and he hasn't been with them for a year or two.

I heard it too. As of 11/29/14, 1530 still airing automated music, mainly 60's and 70's.
Been hearing some late 50's on 690 as well as they try to expand to early rock and roll. Wish I could get 100.3 in the Springs. 690 is nearly unlistenable at night, too much interference and low-powered signal from Pueblo.

What's left of the I-25 radio network has reached Las Cruces, NM, i.e. the end. It's zombie automation: I heard a promo yesterday on 1530 for Nick Donovan mornings on 690, and he hasn't been with them for a year or two.

KCMN sale I believe is one between old friends. It's scheduled to get an FM translator on 99.3, reports coloradomedia.net

Most likely one "friend" who wanted his money back from the other.

I-25 radio is all but gone. 1530 is just static now.

Pueblo's AM Cruisin' 690 KWRP's link is right here:

http://tunein.com/radio/Cruisin-KWRP-690-s35056/

The only other classic hits station in Pueblo is 95.5 FM, just airing a New Year's countdown of their "top 1000" hits of all time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom