• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot 107.1 is NOW Denver's Dance Station!

Steve_Vigil

Inactive
Inactive User
No April fools joke here folks. Hot 107.1 has changed over to Denver's Dance Station. The change effective at 6pm on Friday 3/30 has Dance Music full time once again on Denver airwaves. Most will remember the former KXDC 102.1X which aired a Pure Dance format back in early 2001. Hot 107.1 will be commercial free all weekend until Monday 4/2 at 6am.

You can listen online at - http://www.hot1071denver.com/streaming_player.html

Other KDHT info:

Listen Live link: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/KDHTFMAAC.pls

Mediabase playlist (shows "Today" + "Yesterday"): http://mediabase.com/whatsong/whatsong.asp?var_s=075068072084045070077

Yes.com playlist (shows the last 7 days): http://www.yes.com/#KDHT

Via Mediabase - just so it's on the record, Friday 3/30/12 playlist from 5pm MT forward with format change at 6pm MT (Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"):

KDHT-FM Denver (Top 40) Powered by MEDIABASE®

Time Played Artist Title Label
8:28 PM MADONNA - Girl Gone Wild - Live Nation/Interscope
8:25 PM THREE 6 MAFIA - Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) - Hypnotize Minds/Columbia
8:12 PM FAR EAST MOVEMENT - Live My Life f/Justin Bieber - Interscope
8:08 PM DEV & ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Naked - Indie Pop/Republic
7:57 PM SKRILLEX - Bangarang - Atlantic/Big Beat/RRP
7:53 PM FLO RIDA - In The Ayer f/Will.I.Am - Poe Boy/Atlantic
7:45 PM STEVE AOKI/LAIDBACK LUKE - Turbulence f/Lil Jon - Ultra
7:40 PM CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe - School Boy/Interscope
7:36 PM USHER - Yeah f/Ludacris & Lil' Jon - LaFace/Zomba
7:32 PM BETH DITTO - I Wrote The Book ---
7:28 PM KARMIN - Broken Hearted - Epic
7:24 PM RIHANNA - Pon De Replay - Def Jam/IDJMG
7:18 PM HYPER CRUSH - Kick Us Out - Republic
7:08 PM GYM CLASS HEROES - Ass Back Home f/Neon Hitch - Fueled By Ramen/RRP
6:53 PM ENUR - Calabria 2008 f/Natasja - Ultra
6:38 PM CHRIS BROWN - Beautiful People f/B. Benassi - Jive/RCA
6:34 PM RIHANNA - Don't Stop The Music - SRP/Def Jam/IDJMG
6:25 PM SENSATO - Crazy People f/Pitbull - Famous Artist/Mr.305
6:20 PM J. COLE - Can't Get Enough f/Trey Songz - Roc Nation/Columbia
6:17 PM ALEXANDRA STAN - Mr. Saxobeat - Ultra
6:14 PM FLO RIDA - Wild Ones f/Sia - Poe Boy/Atlantic
6:12 PM CHRIS BROWN - Turn Up The Music - RCA
6:10 PM GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know - Fairfax/Republic
6:08 PM CALVIN HARRIS - Feel So Close - Ultra
6:04 PM EXAMPLE F/LUDACRIS - Changed The Way You Kiss Me - Mercury/IDJMG
6:00 PM LADY GAGA - Bad Romance - Interscope
5:56 PM K'NAAN F/NELLY FURTADO - Is Anybody Out There? - A&M/Octone/Interscope
5:53 PM WIZ KHALIFA/SNOOP DOGG - Young, Wild & Free f/B. Mars - DS/Rostrum/Atlantic/RRP
5:48 PM CALVIN HARRIS - Feel So Close - Ultra
5:39 PM OUTASIGHT - Tonight Is The Night - Warner Bros.
5:36 PM BREATHE CAROLINA - Blackout - Fearless/Columbia
5:33 PM HAVANA BROWN - We Run The Night f/Pitbull - Republic
5:29 PM T-PAIN - Bartender f/Akon - Jive/Zomba
5:25 PM KELLY CLARKSON - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - RCA
5:22 PM SELENA GOMEZ & THE SCENE - Love You Like A Love Song - Hollywood
5:18 PM CHRIS BROWN - Turn Up The Music - RCA
5:10 PM KATY PERRY - Part Of Me - Capitol
5:07 PM SEAN PAUL - Got 2 Luv U f/Alexis Jordan - VP/Atlantic
5:03 PM ELLIE GOULDING - Lights - Cherrytree/Interscope
4:58 PM USHER - Love In This Club (Pt. 2) - LaFace/Zomba

Props to Hot 107.1 for bringing Dance music to the people of Denver!!!

Question- Does the signal reach downtown Denver?

In a nutshell, their signal barely penetrates the downtown core. It improves, the farther east you go. I have not been able to receive a decent signal to hear the change, though.

showmo said:
In a nutshell, their signal barely penetrates the downtown core. It improves, the farther east you go. I have not been able to receive a decent signal to hear the change, though.

Thanks for responding.

who will take on top 40 in Denver? I still think CC should make 95.7 Top 40 as Radio Now 95.7 and maybe make it like 97.3 Radio Now in Milwaukee. It didn't go well as top 40 before but I'm sure if programmed right it will do just fine.

showmo said:

I'm guessing the 20,000 watt on-channel booster (KDHT-3) doesn't do much for Denver's immediate area? See link for coverage map:

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KDHT-3&service=FB&status=L&hours=U

Main signal coverage map: http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KDHT&service=FM&status=L&hours=U

Now that the website's back up, the TuneGenie on-air playlist can be viewed which goes back at least a month and seems to capture most of the tunes played (also has links to play song clips/videos):

http://kdht.tunegenie.com/

But in reality...no. KQKS 107.5 provides so much interference in the downtown area and the west side to a certain degree, that I have not been able to listen to 107.1 unless I am in the Capitol Hill area and further east.

I've never had any problems picking up Hot 107.1 in the downtown areas or futher west. I live in the North area and work South and have no problems picking them up. I also drive all the way into Highlands Ranch everyday for work and get 107.1 without any static. I don't know what kind of problems you are having but the signal for 107.1 is not as bad as you are making it out to be.

107.1 is hard to hear in the north part of Arvada, yet 101.5 is pretty clear most of the time. At times in the past couple of weeks it sounded like there was a lot of intermod between the main signal and the booster on 107.1, and it was bad enough to not be listenable.

Steve_Vigil said:
I've never had any problems picking up Hot 107.1 in the downtown areas or futher west. I live in the North area and work South and have no problems picking them up. I also drive all the way into Highlands Ranch everyday for work and get 107.1 without any static. I don't know what kind of problems you are having but the signal for 107.1 is not as bad as you are making it out to be.

Most radio listening is at home and at work. It takes about a 65 dbu signal for most common radios to get a usable signal... to the extent that 95% of listening in those locations is inside the 65 dbu curve and 80% inside the 70 dbu. While car reception can be achieved at greater distances, you can't win on cars alone.

Denver's Hot 107 will fail.
Why?

The station is too hard on techno and club remixes of "unknown" artists/music to mainstream USA listeners.
The station sounds like a continues club mix that gives a person a headache after awhile.
This is almost ALWAYS the downfall of a "dance station" in America.

The only way a dance station in this country is going to be successful will be with a "dance hits" format. period. guaranteed.
This is proven by: Energy 927/5 Chicago (which would still be onair if had not been sold off)
103.5 KTU in NYC
Z103.5 Toronto

Energy 98 went to Pheonix with the Dance Hits format - on a very aweful signal and a market that wasn't app for dance. It also was then sold off.

Mike O and Energy 98 streams online are the most listened to dance hits station in the world because they are just that "dance hits" and people can listen to them
like any other hits/chr station.

I have listened to hours of Hot107 online since it came on - and honestly, if MAX radio plans to make this rimshot station listenable - they have a ways to go. The songs are too long, too techno, too radical clubby, and the presentation is just pretty bad. The British accent voice overs are also going to kill the station.

The problem with "pure" dance radio stations/format in this country is just this:
1) USA population has been fed the rap/rock CHR hits for the past almost 20 years.
2) USA population relates "pure dance" as a listening track to dance to when you go out
3) USA population relates "pure dance" with the GLBT community

Good news is that Dance Hits are crossing over lately, finally, in the past two years on CHR radio. You have Rhianna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry ect... that have brought "Dance Hits" to mainstream CHR and it has caught on nicely pushing CHR stations a little more towards dancy hits than all the rap hits we were hearing mainly on CHR.

Again, if Dance is going to work in this country it is going to have to presented RIGHT. A CHR/Dance Hits station like KTU, Energy 927/5 and Z103.5 (and Energy 98 online) present dance in a CHR fun easy speed and familiar CHR sound.

Denver's Hot107 has in completely wrong and is DOA on arrival. Sorry, hate to say it because I love dance - but this station is REALLY bad. Headache bad. :-\

I hope Energy will survive!

When reading your post, I though it was kind of ironic that the station Hot 1071 reminds me most of is Energy 927-5. One big reason is that it is unique, very dance oriented, and not just a remix of Top-40 hits.

IMHO, I think the music Hot1071 plays is right on target with the current tastes of listeners. Music genre's evolve. Look at rap from the 80's. Dance is evolving as well, so the music heard 10 years ago will sound different today. I think Hot 1071 is doing very well with their song choice. It could be harder dance, or it could go the way of playing the same songs you hear on 957, with the only difference being remixes. But they are doing their own thing, and I commend them for that.

Obviously, it's not for everyone, but they should know they have at least one dedicated listener.

On a side note, I really like the fact that their is on air DJs. I wasn't living here when U102 was doing there dance, but when I did make the occasional visit, I never heard a DJ to give the station a "personality".

who will take on top 40 in Denver? I still think CC should make 95.7 Top 40 as Radio Now 95.7 and maybe make it like 97.3 Radio Now in Milwaukee. It didn't go well as top 40 before but I'm sure if programmed right it will do just fine.

Nobody will take on top 40 in Denver. Nobody. Besides KS107.5 and 95.7 The Party are already broad-based rhythmics and do well in the ratings. This makes 98.9 Magic FM in Colorado Springs the default top 40 for Denver and 96.1 Kiss FM in Ft. Collins the default top 40 for Boulder. Hot 107.1 was doomed from the start.

iHeartMedia has made 95.7 Top 40, still as the Party with the inclusion of more Pop tracks while maintaining a Rhythmic presentation. That move has paid off and helped the Party overtake KS107.5 as the most listened to Top 40 outlet in Denver.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom