• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rush now targeted by lib national media group

"Media Matters is spending at least $100,000 for two advertisements that will run in eight cities."

Incredible, they are spending $100k to preach to the choir, but gosh knows the choirmaster will get smug satisfaction from this "what is the sound of one hand clapping" campaign, and Rush will get a ratings boost as more people tune in the learn what kind of evil man he is to get an ad campaign against him.

What kinds of stations are getting this buy? Rival talk stations? Music stations? Are other stations in Clear Channel clusters that carry Rush going to be running ads on their other stations that tell people to call in to their own station to demand Rush be cancelled?

Where is all of this money coming from?? Stimulus money?? Where did all the stimulus money go?

Bug on the rug said:
This campaign will backfire, and only bolster Rush's immense popularity.

Funny. When I hear Rush and 'immense' it isn't his popularity I think of.

The Kardashian sisters have more followers, by far, than Limbaugh.

Same mentality though.

landtuna said:
Bug on the rug said:
This campaign will backfire, and only bolster Rush's immense popularity.

Funny. When I hear Rush and 'immense' it isn't his popularity I think of.

The Kardashian sisters have more followers, by far, than Limbaugh.

Same mentality though.

Oh, that's a good one! Kardashian Mentality, I totally get it! And don't forget that not-so-subtle fat reference, because who doesn't love a good fat joke at one's political opponent's expense? Of course fat isn't something one can hear, but I am sure you must be referencing that whole "theater of the mind" thing. I dare say Tuna, you are simply too clever for this board by far.

Did Bill O'Reilly's "boycott of France" work? France is still there, but Dr.Laura is on Satellite now, no longer on Land Broadcast Radio.

MC said:
but Dr.Laura is on Satellite now, no longer on Land Broadcast Radio.

Just like Howard Stern's exile.

MC said:
Did Bill O'Reilly's "boycott of France" work? France is still there, but Dr.Laura is on Satellite now, no longer on Land Broadcast Radio.

Dr. Laura was a ratings disaster in her latter years. She had already been dumped by Premiere. I don't remember what small syndicator was carrying her when this happened.

Rush is a ratings goldmine, and Media Matters is about to shovel in more gold.

radio-darn said:
MC said:
but Dr.Laura is on Satellite now, no longer on Land Broadcast Radio.

Just like Howard Stern's exile.

I assume you are using the word "exile" tongue-in-cheek." Yes - poor Howard - with only a fraction of his former terrestrial radio listening audience. I bet he cries every night onto his huge pile of money.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom