• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

L.A./Riverside-San Bernardino Arbitron Ratings: February 2012

This is just LA. Riverside/San Bernardino stations like KGGI/KQIE/KDEY should have much higher numbers once that market has been released.

Radio3787 said:
This is just LA. Riverside/San Bernardino stations like KGGI/KQIE/KDEY should have much higher numbers once that market has been released.

They release at the same time.

How 'bout Playlist 92.7 blasting on to the L.A. list with a 0.6 and 401,500.
Although there are figures posted for Holiday '11 and January '12 here on radio-info.com's listings, other sites have KLST-FM posted for the 1st time in February '12...can't tell who's the most accurate with the past reports.

Either they just started encoding or they picked up their first (only?) PPM panelist(s). ;) :D

Note/correction re: Playlist 92.7:

the reason that they appear as a "new station" on other ratings sites is because the station changed its call letters recently to KLST from KJLL - thus knocking off previous monthly report info. Whereas here on radio-info the listings for KJLL/KLST are combined.

So they've really been there all along in the 0.4-0.6 range - sorry that I thought they were making their 1st appearance (at least in a long while).

The day is looming when the KFI stream beats KABC on terrestrial straight outright.
KAMP has sealed the gap between itself and KPWR.
KLAC is a hot mess, they badly need beisbol and el Doyers to upright the ship with a team that can string some wins together for a change.
KLOS is still performing despite it's best efforts to fire everyone that isn't AutoDJ-5000. Mark & Brian are still that good? They haven't changed in 30 years. ???
The Sound is flat.
KROQ and KYSR have a grudge (or is it grunge) match to settle up on. Developing...
KTLK and KABC are having a cripple fight as to which one is most irrelevant. The answer is, anyone that listens to KTLK or KABC.

Robnoxious said:
The day is looming when the KFI stream beats KABC on terrestrial straight outright.
KAMP has sealed the gap between itself and KPWR.
KLAC is a hot mess, they badly need beisbol and el Doyers to upright the ship with a team that can string some wins together for a change.
KLOS is still performing despite it's best efforts to fire everyone that isn't AutoDJ-5000. Mark & Brian are still that good? They haven't changed in 30 years. ???
The Sound is flat.
KROQ and KYSR have a grudge (or is it grunge) match to settle up on. Developing...
KTLK and KABC are having a cripple fight as to which one is most irrelevant. The answer is, anyone that listens to KTLK or KABC.

Great post.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on the numbers within the important demos, but what has happened to KCBS-FM? They seem to have fallen off a cliff and are still falling. Has the novelty of "unrestrained" playlists and no DJs finally seen its end?

I know it still bills well, and it flanks the other CBS stations well, but how far can it fall before CBS needs to shift directions or tweak the station?

As someone squarely in the demo (30 yr old male), I never listen to the station. It sounds like a mixture between a boring KROQ with played out tunes and even less musical guts than KLOS and no personality like any of the other stations I listen to.

I think a tweak to add a little more rhythmic product from the 80s and 90s to the station may help. I'm surprised Kevin Weatherly has played so close to the old KROQ and KISS playbooks on music selection, when he seems to have quickly grown KAMP on the realization that Los Angeles is naturally a more rhythmic leaning market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom